Kodi Help

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

creatingash
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Kodi Help

Post by creatingash »

I have search but I am a newbie and new to Nas and Asustor.
Can someone help point me to the direction to help me learn how to add 3rd paty app to my Asustor 5202t?
I go around and trapped in a rabbit hole and can't figure it out. I don't know what I need to install a apk onto the nas,
orion

Re: Kodi Help

Post by orion »

You'll need to install Asustor Portal app first (ADM web -> App Central).
Then download kodi apk file here: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=11335
Then go to App Central to do manual installation (select the file that you just downloaded).
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

In complement of the quick and easy install for Kodi18.7 explain by "orion"
... with same ... first install asportal APKG

if you have a minimum of knowledge with Linux you can (it's not conflicting ... so the two can be installed, with Kodi 18.7 APKG):
install APKG myHD (manual install) from here : viewtopic.php?f=227&t=10171&hilit=myHD&start=50#p32840
then update it (it's an Ubuntu engine)
in a terminal under root/your_admin_password (don't use admin) do : myHD apt_upgrade_package
then update to stable Kodi19 if you need (or stay with Kodi18) : viewtopic.php?f=227&t=11823&hilit=+myHD
then install APKG MH-kodi19 (it's a launcher for Asportal not the product itself)

... after that you can use Kodi18 or 19 and update is automatic when you update Ubuntu as explain here before ... no more APKG to install ....

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
creatingash

Post by creatingash »

Thank you for pointing in the right direction.

Worked perfectly for me.
deedee7

Post by deedee7 »

Hello Philippe,

I've asked around a lot and no reply so I hope maybe you would know the answer to the following.
Like "creatingash" I also have 5202t and have been struggling to install one particular add-on: "HEIF image decoder" on the 18.7 version from the beginning of this thread viewtopic.php?f=98&t=11335
The add-on is not in the Kodi 18.7 repository so when I download the add-on from github and try to install it from zip file it gives me "failed due to invalid structure" error.
Link to the add-on https://github.com/xbmc/imagedecoder.heif
I would really appreciate your help.

David
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
deedee7 wrote:Hello Philippe,
I've asked around a lot and no reply so I hope maybe you would know the answer to the following.
Like "creatingash" I also have 5202t and have been struggling to install one particular add-on: "HEIF image decoder" on the 18.7 version from the beginning of this thread viewtopic.php?f=98&t=11335
The add-on is not in the Kodi 18.7 repository so when I download the add-on from github and try to install it from zip file it gives me "failed due to invalid structure" error.
Link to the add-on https://github.com/xbmc/imagedecoder.heif
I would really appreciate your help.
David
If it's not Kodi provide with myHD APKG ... I can't help you

if it's kodi provide by myHD ... just use apt-get to install binary extension
example for image decoder list of available extension without any works to do :

Code: Select all

kodi-imagedecoder-heif - HEIF image decoder for Kodi
kodi-imagedecoder-heif-dbg - debug symbols for HEIF image decoder for Kodi
kodi-imagedecoder-mpo - MPO image decoder for Kodi
kodi-imagedecoder-mpo-dbg - debug symbols for MPO image decoder for Kodi
kodi-imagedecoder-raw - RAW image decoder for Kodi
kodi-imagedecoder-raw-dbg - debug symbols for RAW image decoder for Kodi
If you use another Kodi ... not a problem for me ... you have to compile yourself with the same source code and tools (if (kodi) compiled in chroot or if compiled with Asustor cross-compile tools)

Philippe.
deedee7

Post by deedee7 »

Hi Philippe,

thank you for your reply. OK I'll go with myHD APKG :) I heard that ADM 4.0 is coming out this month so should I wait till then or myHD APKG and ADM version two independent things?

Regards
David
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
deedee7 wrote:Hi Philippe,
thank you for your reply. OK I'll go with myHD APKG :) I heard that ADM 4.0 is coming out this month so should I wait till then or myHD APKG and ADM version two independent things?
Regards
David
I don't have any information on A.D.M. 4.0 ... but changing major number in version ... generally impact the kernel (update or upgrade) and tools ...
EVEN myHD is an independent environment (Ubuntu) it share network, kernel and modules with the A.D.M. ... and use tools from A.D.M. delivery for launching it.

So if your information "A.D.M. 4.0 coming this month" is correct ... please wait ... up to verification are done.
But in all case the worst is : myHD just stop working and don't impact ADM ... it's an APKG and not a part od A.D.M. software.

Philippe.

Return to “Kodi”