CEC Adaptor

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

pafer
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: CEC Adaptor

Post by pafer »

Hi all,

foggy69,
I used to have this issue regularly with ADM updates and it used to annoy me very (very) much!

Each time, to resolve it I 'simply' had to update the 'Media-Pack' app as it contains the CEC drivers.

However, on some occasions, it wasn't so simple because the app was not shown as an available update in App Central, so I had to download the updated app from the Asustor website and side-load it onto the NAS (you can check the version number you have installed in App Central before you download/side-load for no reason).

This may or may not fix your problem because, when I had it, my remote just stopped working altogether and nothing I did (before updating Media-Pack) made it work again; nonetheless, it must be worth a try if you haven't already done so.

Regarding your issue about it only working on one HDMI port: if memory serves, there are settings in Kodi (under 'Input Devices' or something similar) where you can select the channel used.
I think this may have an impact on which HDMI port Kodi is looking for messages from, although I could be talking nonsense!
Nonetheless, it's worth a shot!

Anyway, I hope some of this helps.

And you never know - one of the above solutions may stop your double-command issue also!

Good luck!
foggy69

Post by foggy69 »

The 'Media-Pack' on the box is the same as on the ASustor website at present, I will keep an eye out for any updates.

You were right about the HDMI port, there is now a setting in Kodi, under Input Devices, CEC Adaptor that you now have to specify which HDMI socket you are using.

Thank you
pafer

Post by pafer »

No problem; just glad to give back where I can.

It may also be worth contacting Asustor support as they may have a Beta version of 'Media-Pack' you can try which hasn't been publicised yet.
They've done this for me in the past when I was having issues.
foggy69

Post by foggy69 »

After a few months of reasonable performance, the CEC adaptor has again stopped working.
I think it happened with the latest ADM 3.0.2RA22.
When Kodi starts, a notification that Kodi is Connecting to the CEC adaptor comes up, but there is no connected confirmation and the remote doesn't work. I have checked the cables, settings within the CEC and uninstalled and reinstalled all the associated apps.

If anybody could check the logs to see if anything is amiss with my system before I have to try to get Asustor support involved :(
Thanks

Kodi Log here
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25752838/

dmesg log here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9svurw493om4s ... 6.txt?dl=0
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

seems that cdc_acm module is not loaded or not provide by Asustor with ADM 3 kernel

Ask Asustor about it with corresponding kernel for ADM 3.0
or build yourself using the GPL kernel source ... (config.gz id provide (on my system) in /proc ... )

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
foggy69

Post by foggy69 »

After a discussion with Asustor support, I found that my TV was at fault. A reset of all the settings of the TV sorted the problem, but I have no idea what happened with the TV.
Thanks Philippe for your help

Return to “Kodi”