Windows 10 Doesn't See NAS at Startup

redreptionil
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Windows 10 Doesn't See NAS at Startup

Post by redreptionil »

With the 2017 Fall Creator's Update for Windows 10, Microsoft broke my AS5002T's ability to be seen at Windows 10 startup. IOW, almost every time I start my Windows machine, I get a notification sound (and sometimes a notification that it can't find my mapped network drive (i.e., my NAS)). Opening File Explorer shows my mapped drive to the NAS with a big, red X next to it. If I double-click that drive to open it, it opens fine. My guess is that it's just a timing issue on startup. I reported this to Microsoft shortly after they broke it about 6 months ago, but they've done nothing. Is there anything Asustor can do to fix this?
jyth_82

Re: Windows 10 Doesn't See NAS at Startup

Post by jyth_82 »

I too having the same problem. Apparently, at times , windows boot to fast and network responds to slow thus u will see the disconnected mapped drive.

You can try to force to map it during startup :
Open Notepad, and enter the following:

dir I:
Replace I with the drive letter you have mapped.

You can also do >nul on the end of that command to hide the output in the command prompt window when it runs.

Click File, then Save As.
Change Save as Type to All Files. Save the file in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder and call it mapdrive.bat. Replace username with your own username.

Next time you start your computer it will run this script. It will force windows to connect to the mapped drive.
dazzlermc

Re: Windows 10 Doesn't See NAS at Startup

Post by dazzlermc »

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”