Wake On Lan from CLI?

jauling
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Wake On Lan from CLI?

Post by jauling »

In many Linux distributions as well as routers, there is a CLI tool, typically called etherwake, that allows you to send the magic UDP packet to do Wake On LAN. I tried a couple different parameters, but I couldn't convince my AS5104T to wake up.

I know my AS5104T works with WoL, since I am able to wake it up using ACC and AiMaster. Does anyone know what kind of additional parameters are needed to do a WoL using generic tools?

Sometimes, like if I have a scheduled power outage, I'll preemptively power down my NAS. Then, when power is restored, I'd like to remotely start it back up, but most of the time, none of my desktop systems are available. Also, being able to ssh into my router, and just run etherwake from CLI would be most ideal.
orion

Re: Wake On Lan from CLI?

Post by orion »

As far as I know, there are no differences. There are many guys here tried this function successfully. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9208&p=29623&hilit ... ake#p29623 You should try it on your PC on the same LAN, rather than your router. Or you can capture network packets with Wireshark tool to make sure if the packet is correct or not.

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”