AS5002t - Cannot connect to VPN via ADM OVPN client

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

orion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: AS5002t - Cannot connect to VPN via ADM OVPN client

Post by orion »

chewiiie wrote:For your information, if you still have this issue, I have successfully configured my AS6102 VPN with NordVPN.
You need to import the .ovpn through the VPN assistant (add, openvpn, import, then enter a random VPN name, your login/password and select the .ovpn file of the server you want).
You can find the ovpn files here : nordvpn.com/ovpn/
Then you need to correct a bug (i've reported it to Asustor, they said they will correct it in next release) : edit the /usr/builtin/etc/vpnclient/your-name.crt file and remove the duplicated <ca> </ca> <tls-auth> and </tls-auth> tags.
You can also edit the your-name.conf file in the same directory and add the option 'reconnect = true' so the tunnel will be reconnected in case of failure.
Now it should work :)

The only remaining issue I have is that the VPN won't connect on boot.
Thanks for sharing! :D
wildm011

Post by wildm011 »

This response is for chewiie:
I am having a similar problem related to the OPENVPN and NORDVPN on an AS5102T. I have a silly question - I can edit the file you mention to removed the duplicated tags, but how do I locate it? The ADM file explorer doesn't seem to be able to locate it. Windows file explorer can't navigate to the path in your response. Do I need to learn how to 'SSH' access it? Because me learning that may take a lot longer than editing the file!!!
Thanks in advance!
orion

Post by orion »

wildm011 wrote:This response is for chewiie:
I am having a similar problem related to the OPENVPN and NORDVPN on an AS5102T. I have a silly question - I can edit the file you mention to removed the duplicated tags, but how do I locate it? The ADM file explorer doesn't seem to be able to locate it. Windows file explorer can't navigate to the path in your response. Do I need to learn how to 'SSH' access it? Because me learning that may take a lot longer than editing the file!!!
Thanks in advance!
That's an internal file that NAS does not share outside. You can use WinSCP (freeware) in Windows OS. Login as root (password is the same as admin). And you need to enable terminal service in NAS (both ssh and sftp). Set SFTP protocol in WinSCP. You can get / put files from / to NAS easily then.
wildm011

Post by wildm011 »

Orion - that's exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!! Using WinSCP, I have located the file, edited it by removing the additional XML tags, and am rebooting the NAS right now. Fingers crossed....
chewiiie

Post by chewiiie »

Sorry for the delay. Yes, that should work.
wildm011

Post by wildm011 »

Editing the VPN certificate seemed to break the VPN (it could no longer connect successfully), so I think that ASUS may have corrected that bug with generating the cert through the GUI. I am still getting the message "This site is not secure" when I access my NAS through a browser within my local network. Any thoughts about that?
PS - it was good to learn about the WinSCP all the same, so thanks!
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

wildm011 wrote:.... I am still getting the message "This site is not secure" when I access my NAS through a browser within my local network. Any thoughts about that?....
This is not related to VPN.
This is because you don't have installed a certificate, or if installed , this certificate is certainly not designed to validate the URL built with a local ip address or name. You should access your NAS with the official URL ( the one you use from outside ), even if you are on your LAN, if you don't want to get this message ( and of course, if you have installed a certificate accordingly to your official URL ).
EmmaRyan

Post by EmmaRyan »

Hey,
Yup its a old post but I thought to share the related solution that I have found for the same problem,
As I am a Purevpn user and uses their German Dedicated IP for various reasons.
If anybody faces the same problem I must prefer that you must download the client files first for the devices you want to set up your manually. Like I did for the DDwrt manual configuration, As pure supports many devices so people download those files from theirsupport domain.
However I dont know about other providers that does they support the device you mentioned or not. You can check on their sites.

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”