Full volume not reported

g68
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Full volume not reported

Post by g68 »

Hi. I have volume consisting of one hard drive. I copied files (videos) to this volume by Total commander. When the drive was full, the error was reported by Total commander. So far so good. Then I removed some old folders and moved them to another volume to free the space. I copied a new files. Suddenly the strange behavior began. The copying seemed normal to 99% of each file. Then the opration stuck for several seconds before the next file was copied. The same with each file. And only then I found out that the volume was full again. Too late. But I wasn't told about it. TC didn't report it. The new files (videos) seemed to be listed ok (as far as the size), but were corrupted, unplayable.

I would like to know this:
- how the supressing of full disc error can happen ? Did I something wrong ?
- does the Disk Doctor in Storage manager the same as the chkdisk in windows ? Tests the integrity of files ?

I need to be sure, that the copying of the new files didn't corrupt existing files.

Thanks for any comments.

JN, Czech Rep.
g68

Re: Full volume not reported

Post by g68 »

I just run the Bad Block Scan without errors. But I'm not sure if it checks the physical errors only or the logical structure errors too.
father.mande

Re: Full volume not reported

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

If you use a Windows tool and do job on shared resources ... remember that "network recycle bin" exist and keep file deleted up you empty the trash ...

Second point ... some network tools get the disk space available not the real disk space usable (ex. a 1 byte file use 1024 bytes space due to disk allocation) ... so check the value directly on NAS

For file corrupted, use the exact size (real) using NAS terminal tools and better use a checksum (ex. md5) to verify the real integrity.

Last ... call the support for more help.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”