5102T going off network or at least unreachable, have to hold power button to force shutdown????

flyingj
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

5102T going off network or at least unreachable, have to hold power button to force shutdown????

Post by flyingj »

I have a 5102T that has always been reliable but lately it's hanging up and I've had to force shutdown because it's unreachable via ADM.

Where is the best place to get some help with seeing if there's a log that points to the problem? I wouldn't really be able to figure out any of that on my own...

Any help is appreciated!

Justin
orion

Re: 5102T going off network or at least unreachable, have to hold power button to force shutdown????

Post by orion »

Can you find your NAS using asustor control center software? Your information is quite limited. There are many possible cases...
I think you should send a support request to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
Nazar78

Re: 5102T going off network or at least unreachable, have to hold power button to force shutdown????

Post by Nazar78 »

You can't even ping it's IP? How about the HDMI display launch ADM? Hard to troubleshoot if you can't connect or can't figure out where to start but you can make use of your HDMI display if you can't reach its IP.

What I could think of is for you to install Linux Center from the app central, then from the Linux Center install the Debian Desktop, version 8 or 10 it's up to you. Now if you encounter the same issue, link up your HDMI display to your TV/Monitor and hope you have visual. If you can see your Debian desktop, browse to your ADM alternate LXC internal IP http://10.172.5.1:8000. To get this IP open up the terminal inside Debian desktop and run "ip address" or "sudo ifconfig". Your eth1 should be inet 10.172.5.2 onward so 10.172.5.1 is the gateway to the host which is also ADM's IP.

You can also SSH into root@10.172.5.1 if you've turned on the SSH service in ADM. In SSH you can do more debugging like checking the dmesg, logs and such. There's also tty in the LXC in case you don't see the desktop, press ctrl+alt+f6 (think need to quickly kill the hdmi script "killall hdmi" as it runs every 5 secs then switch back, I can't remember as I've disabled it), to go back to the graphical VT use ctrl+alt+f10.

Else as stated by orion, contact support.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”