Memory

truman
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Memory

Post by truman »

I'm having major issues with memory running at 90 -99% and causing issues with playback on plex. This isnt a new problem but seemed to be less concerning when a 'fix' was introduced via the 'stop background apk' But now it would seem it's yet again become a issue. I have set peak time settings to all hours but it has little effect and I find my memory at max every morning.

Has anyone any Idea what's going on with this issue as it would seem It may only be affecting my unit at present.
father.mande

Re: Memory

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Ask the support ...

For the forum, please provide more information
... use top or htop command (in a terminal ssh root / your_admin_password) to know the programs heating the memory
... also use "Activity Monitor" / Process and click on memory tab up that down arrow are displayed (near memory) ... this report process by memory usage in decrease order.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
truman

Post by truman »

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for your reply. I've been looking for root commands regarding this issue as I'm TOTALLY a newbie when it comes to Linux.

Since I have restarted my nas, (this is the only way to reduce memory), I will now have to wait until morning for the issue to continue.

Htop is currently showing no adverse memory usage.
jauling

Post by jauling »

You could also look into adding more RAM to your NAS as well. I've got a AS5104T and upgraded it to 8GB, but I've heard that it might be possible to go up to 16GB.
truman

Post by truman »

jauling wrote:You could also look into adding more RAM to your NAS as well. I've got a AS5104T and upgraded it to 8GB, but I've heard that it might be possible to go up to 16GB.
Hi jauling yes I have 8 gb of ram already, I was under the impression 8 gb was the max you could go to.
Tbh this issue only started after the RF 02 firmware upgrade. Now at certain times my ram is running at 95% or even higher, it causes Plex to stall and refuses remote connections into the server. Using the hoop command tomorrow to see what heating the ram up..
Thanks for the reply.
truman

Post by truman »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

Ask the support ...

For the forum, please provide more information
... use top or htop command (in a terminal ssh root / your_admin_password) to know the programs heating the memory
... also use "Activity Monitor" / Process and click on memory tab up that down arrow are displayed (near memory) ... this report process by memory usage in decrease order.

Philippe.

Well I'm hoping I've sorted out the issue. I was under the impression that the cause of excessive ram was due to the update but it now appears this was just a coincidence. My memory was yet again creeping up for no reason, the offending program was indeed PLEX... And after a few more searches it appears there is some issues with memory leak DNLA. I cant believe how narrow minded I've been over this issue.

Thanks for the advice.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Don't blame you ... it's ALWAYS very difficult to stay cool when the problem is in front of you ... it's the same for all of us

The blame is more (perhaps)
for Plex if they don't test enough their own code ...
or
for Asustor because they don't update the basic libraries (ex. Asustor used ld-linux, libc, etc. 2.22 ... when for ex. Ubuntu 1804 (April 2018) used 2.27)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”