AS5104T USBDom updated

pharohbender
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS5104T USBDom updated

Post by pharohbender »

purchased a cheapy asustor as5004t for 80.00 opening it up its a 5104t v1.4 motherboard its working / booting, everything seems to be ok with the unit but i get black screen and lan ports dont seem to activate, i cannot do anything with it if i cant load adm so i'm hoping someone has copy of the DOM so i can update mine and see if this thing boots.
i have played around with it and can boot librelec, fedora, lubuntu
no go with unraid? not sure why it does not continue booting.
in fedora the pci broadcom is listed but doesn't activate, not sure if something funny in the bios is stopping the on board nic. wonder if the bios needs updating but everything is done via amd which is quite annoying.
but i'm pretty sure something's up with the dom as it was giving me grub rescue, i've since tried things and now grub rescue doesn't even load, booting up changing flags in the dom, now im hoping i can get a dom image and just replace my one, i should write things down.
with a usb 2 lan i can get access but no go with normal boot it doesn't pick up this usb 2 lan
i was using virtual box before messing with the dom, created a copy seeing if changing flags would load up adm but i dont think a Vm is gonna load adm.
any help would be great.
snapshot

Re: AS5104T USBDom updated

Post by snapshot »

It's worth raising a support ticket saying you have a 5104 with corrupt DOM. I somehow got a corrupt DOM on my 5104 and they sent me a new file to install. Unfortunately I must have deleted it as I couldn't find it on my oldest backup.

As an alternative, XigmaNAS will run on the 5104. I plugged mine to my KVM, booted it from a XigmaNAS CD-ROM and created a working USB stick. I didn't take it further as I only wanted proof that it was possible but I have it as an option for the future.
Major_Nikita

Re: AS5104T USBDom updated

Post by Major_Nikita »

Hi, u have creatd a USB stick to reinstall DOM ?
I have a 5002T and i can t boot the ADM image on the website
I could only install other linux distribution.
Can u help me to find a good image to write it on a USB stick to reinstall official ADM ?
Thank u .

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”