AS5304T - 90% CPU and RAM usage

suckafish715
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS5304T - 90% CPU and RAM usage

Post by suckafish715 »

I recently purchase AS5304T and start migrate data from my old Synology to AS5304T. Right after I copy my photo data to photoGallery folder in AS5304T, the NAS pretty much frozen. Ram usage is constant over 95%. CPU usage jumps between 20 % - 95%, with most of time around high 90. I can barely log into ADM but not able to do anything. I'm guessing its probably trying to generate phot thumbnail but its taking over 24 hours now and show no sign of stopping. Is there anything I can do about this? I can power off NAS now and install new RAM (currently only has 4GB of RAM) to help improve performance?

Checking at the Activity, looks like there are many php and each takes close to 20MB of RAM. There isn't any single process which use huge amount of RAM. I have no clue what these pho process for...
orion

Re: AS5304T - 90% CPU and RAM usage

Post by orion »

I guess you put many many photo files at a time...
You can stop this app. Remove those photo first. Then copy some photos, for example 100 files. Enable this app again. After the app complete the task, you copy the other files. However, if I were you, I'll wait for the completion of the task, rather than try this way.
Last edited by orion on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suckafish715

Post by suckafish715 »

orion wrote:I guess you put many many photo files at a time...
You can stop this app. Remote those photo first. Then copy some photos, for example 100 files. Enable this app again. After the app complete the task, you copy the other files. However, if I were you, I'll wait for the completion of the task, rather than try this way.
I have stopped the app, but its not stopping.
I did place quite some photos there (few GB). But the system should not use 100% of resources on one app alone...

Is it safe to shut down the NAS now and install more RAM?
orion

Post by orion »

Oops. Yes, it's another good idea to shutdown NAS and install extra DRAM.

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”