App Central Volume Move

mullen47
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

App Central Volume Move

Post by mullen47 »

So I recently added an ssd to my NAS, and was wanting to make it the default location for Apps downloaded through the App Central, but cant find anywhere in the options for this (Assumed this would be something very easy to do). Am I missing something? Any ideas?
father.mande

Re: App Central Volume Move

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
mullen47 wrote:So I recently added an ssd to my NAS, and was wanting to make it the default location for Apps downloaded through the App Central, but cant find anywhere in the options for this (Assumed this would be something very easy to do). Am I missing something? Any ideas?
Not sure you can ...
All App.Central applications are installed is /usr/local/AppCentral
/usr/local is a link to /volume1/.@plugins ... so default in the first user volume created at installation time (ADM create volume0 and volume1)
... for your information Asustor developers love "hard link" (multiple files and folders with same inode number), so this complicate the problem and possible solutions :roll:

if it is possible to move shared resources to another volume ... I don't think you can do it with App. Central ... but ask Asustor support ... perhaps an hidden functionalities .

Backup and reinstall A.D.M. seem the more realistic solution ... but ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
mullen47

Re: App Central Volume Move

Post by mullen47 »

Thanks for the info, contacted support and they said something similar :/ Seems so wasteful (And loud) to have all of the disks spinning up just to handle the small random writes/reads from active applications when it could just be on the ssd. Had some small wins by creating symbolic links to a usb key for some heavy traffic folders but its not a great solution, and super manual.

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”