Not able to Swap Disk8

Post by dscorpionat »

Hi,

here are my NAS information:
AS5108T
ADM 3.2.7.RRE3
BIOS 1.37

Here is my Problem:
My Disk 8 (1TB), no Volume on it and inactive should be replaced by a new 8TB Archive NAS HDD to act as and archive for my older photos and documents. When I remove the Disk, my System starts but all settings seem to be gone (even the import/export from Backup & Restore App did not work). When I shut down the NAS, plug original Disk 8 back in, everything works again.

Now my question...is there a way (if there are some) to migrate system data from Disk 8 to the new Disk 8 oder Disk 7...whatever?

Thanks already in advance.
Scorpi
orion

Re: Not able to Swap Disk8

Post by orion »

Not sure what you mean. Is the disk-8 the only one on NAS?
dscorpionat

Post by dscorpionat »

No, all 8 disks are in the NAS. I can exchange Disk7, Disk6 but not Disk8, then the NAS becomes unresponsive and the config is gone. Even if I save the config and restore it afterwards.
orion

Post by orion »

Did you mean?
  • Turn NAS off.
  • Replace disk-8 with a new disk.
  • Turn NAS on.
  • NAS is asking you to initialize NAS system?! Is it what you mean "config is gone"?
If yes, that should be definitely abnormal. I believe it's not a generic case. You'd better to ask for Asustor's help directly. https://support.asustor.com/
dscorpionat

Post by dscorpionat »

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Yes I am turning off the NAS, replacing Disk 8 with a newer one. I turn on the NAS which boots for ages and then I can log in with default credentials but no initialization process is started. My Shared Folders are gone and my other users are gone alongside with the Apps installed (e.g. Plex).

Scorpi
orion

Post by orion »

mm.. Config data is partially wrong (NAS can startup and mount volumes, but settings are inconsistent). No ideas about what happened. You should contact to asustor directly.

By the way, if disk-8 is truly inactive and it's not a volume / spare disk, you can try to remove disk-8 and insert the new disk when NAS is working. Then create MyArchive volume on it.
dscorpionat

Post by dscorpionat »

Hi,

when I remove Disk8 while the system is on, then the web-admin-interface becomes unresponsive immediately. After rebooting the NAS with the buttons on the front the same as above applies when I shut it down to replace.

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”