Asustor AS5102T only LAN led is powered on

boril
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Asustor AS5102T only LAN led is powered on

Post by boril »

Hello,

I have Asustor AS5102T with corrupted DOM during upgrade. I already got recovery image from the support team, but I was not able to start the DOM anyway.
I just notice that only LAN LED's are working, but Power and HDD above never. LED bellow USB button is also working when I press button also works.
Are those two LEDs above working only when DOM is fine ?
After the flash with recovery image I see 4 partitions created on ADATA USB drive, but my NAS remains stuck on Insyde screen with small cursor at top left corner of the screen. Should I wait something to happen ?
IMG_20200122_073614.jpg
IMG_20200122_073614.jpg (127.55 KiB) Viewed 7782 times
I'm worried by message when start the Recovery Image I see:
IMG_20200122_074833.jpg
IMG_20200122_074833.jpg (128.08 KiB) Viewed 7782 times
In the official document is stated to wait until you hear a long beep. I herd this long beep only once - I tried like 3 or 5 times to flash the DOM...I don't know how long I have to wait to finish.

Once I got to something very strange as screen like custom image of linux, but I don't know the password :(
IMG_20200122_112856.jpg
IMG_20200122_112856.jpg (164.82 KiB) Viewed 7782 times

Anyway I'm using openmediavault on external USB drive just fine, but the Tech guy in me wants to fix everything :)

Thank you.
orion

Re: Asustor AS5102T only LAN led is powered on

Post by orion »

I believe it's not ADM firmware. You can only ask asustor support for further recovery steps.
boril

Post by boril »

Hi orion,
I got this from asustor support they gave me recovery image.
orion

Post by orion »

boril wrote:Hi orion,
I got this from asustor support they gave me recovery image.
I know (you described it in the original post). I mean there should be a procedure. It seems that you are in the middle of the procedure (I guess).
Pommari

Post by Pommari »

I upgraded to my AS5002T and I also did get corrupted DOM.

I contacted support and get recovery DOM file, but I only get very similar screens (screenshots above) and no working NAS.
I tried to flash DOM with 2 different usb sticks, but it didn't help.
I can get NAS boot from recovery usb stick, but there's no automated firmware flash process ... even when it is says it should do automated firmware flash in the recovery document.

I tried Qnap firmware with similar specs and it did boot, but has wrong ethernet drivers so no eth interfaces.
Qnap firmware does not show corrupted gpt table when flashed, but Asustor DOM recovery firmware does and I'm starting to believe Asustor is serving only corrupted firmware files to their customers?
jauling

Post by jauling »

what version are you upgrading from, and what version were you trying to upgrade to?
orion

Post by orion »

Pommari wrote:I upgraded to my AS5002T and I also did get corrupted DOM.

I contacted support and get recovery DOM file, but I only get very similar screens (screenshots above) and no working NAS.
I tried to flash DOM with 2 different usb sticks, but it didn't help.
I can get NAS boot from recovery usb stick, but there's no automated firmware flash process ... even when it is says it should do automated firmware flash in the recovery document.

I tried Qnap firmware with similar specs and it did boot, but has wrong ethernet drivers so no eth interfaces.
Qnap firmware does not show corrupted gpt table when flashed, but Asustor DOM recovery firmware does and I'm starting to believe Asustor is serving only corrupted firmware files to their customers?
I seems that your NAS was booting up with a special firmware (I guess it is only for upgrading DOM device). Maybe, the process should take longer time?
Pommari

Post by Pommari »

jauling wrote:what version are you upgrading from, and what version were you trying to upgrade to?
I don't remember exactly what version it was, but quite new firmware, released this year. What I tried to upgrade is the latest firmware ADM 3.5.1.R8C1.

orion wrote: I seems that your NAS was booting up with a special firmware (I guess it is only for upgrading DOM device). Maybe, the process should take longer time?
I have waited hours and nothing happens.

I have contacted support for more info how to recover DOM, but haven't received a email from Asustor back yet.
If they try to tell me my NAS is unfixable, I guess I'll get Qnap then.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Try booting with a live USB see if you can access the DOM which you can dd dump the image to it. For my NAS it's necessary to temporarily lower the SSC eMMC speed from HS400 to DDR50 else there's lots of timeout booting from USB.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Find (F.Y.I.) the topic I write on recover my dead NAS AS5002T (even not the same series as yours) using an USB Live Ubuntu

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10117&hilit=+live+usb#p32691

Adapt to your case (and read others post in the topic) ... hope this can help you ... :roll: :)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”