WOL shutdown doesn't work intermittently

obieephyhm
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

WOL shutdown doesn't work intermittently

Post by obieephyhm »

Before I go file a ticket on this, let me check here to see if anyone has some insight. I have a 3 year-old AS5010T which has developed the tendency to fail to enter sleep mode at the appointed time set each day. It doesn't do it daily or even weekly but I arrive in the office to find the thing has been running all night. I'm no expert on the Wake-on-Lan stuff but it seemed pretty straight-forward and we started using it daily over a year ago. It has always run fine. It has a daily time to go into sleep mode and every machine in the building has access to the ACC so it can be turned on from anywhere by anyone on the rare occasion that I'm not the first one here.

Over the last couple of months, we've had intermittent problems that I don't understand. The Not-going-to-sleep problem as been around about that long but there have been other issues like one day none of the machines could access the unit to turn it back on. A couple of times it seems to have lost its settings. It will no longer talk to my mobile apps (I'm the only one using them and I didn't use them very often) so I can't use my phone to check status anymore or to wake it up or put it to sleep.

It is true that we found MS windows update did something along with our VPN which went through a major update and both combined to hose the network a couple weeks ago but we got that working and reset the NAS and everything has basically been fine except for the occasional failure to go to sleep at the appointed hour.

Anyone around here an expert on WOL for this beast or run into the same/similar problem?
orion

Re: WOL shutdown doesn't work intermittently

Post by orion »

If I understand correctly, you mean that your NAS won't go to seep occasionally.

Do you apply the settings under ADM web page -> Settings -> Hardware -> Power -> Power scheduling? You can check if the sleep settings are correct. Then, you can check ADM web page -> System Information -> Log to see if there are records about the sleep action.

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”