Asustor AS5010t upgrade corrupted my USB-DOM

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

simonkelk
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Asustor AS5010t upgrade corrupted my USB-DOM

Post by simonkelk »

I ran a standard Asustor AS5010t upgrade and it corrupted the filesystem on my USB-DOM. I was given a DOM repair image that made no difference. I have repaired the filesystem on the usb-dom and it looks fine. GRUB is missing as is the MBR. I just need a manual way to flash my USB dom (which I am fully able to do from a linux boot disk on the NAS). I have logged a support ticket but other than providing the DOM recovery tool I am not getting any responses or help. I have tried phoning, emailing... all to no avail. I tried flashing the upgrade img file but it becomes an unreadable disk. If Asustor don't want to provide me an img to flash the device myself then can I buy another pre-flashed USB-DOM? Overkill when mine is perfectly fine.. but I am at a loss here. My only other option is to boot from another NAS image like unRAID. I already mounted my RAID 6 array from within linux and copied the files I need so I am not worried about losing data. I would prefer to stick with ADM but Asustor is leaving me no option unless some on hear can help?
orion

Re: Asustor AS5010t upgrade corrupted my USB-DOM

Post by orion »

Oops, sounds severe. USB-DOM should be hidden by asustor intentionally. I guess you need to send another ticket to get the recovery image.
simonkelk

Post by simonkelk »

I've officially given up all hope of getting any support. Still no replies on my open ticket nor any correspondence from my emails or facebook messages. I am now running unRAID on my NAS. This way I am in control.
t2060079

Post by t2060079 »

It is very interesting to know how you install the unRAID into the NAS. Is your NAS be AS5010T?
Sorry not understanding what was corruption of file system of USB-DOM. Does it mean bootloader and kernel were corrupted in your NAS DOM?
snapshot

Post by snapshot »

I did a test install of XigmaNAS on my AS5104T. I loaded XigmaNAS onto a USB stick, plugged in an HDMI monitor & USB keyboard and it worked just like installing it on a PC. unRAID should work the same on any AS5xxx NAS
t2060079

Post by t2060079 »

Can you please advise which keyboard key to be pressed to enter the Bios of the NAS in order to boot the NAS with the USB stick?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
t2060079 wrote:Can you please advise which keyboard key to be pressed to enter the Bios of the NAS in order to boot the NAS with the USB stick?
on my AS5002T it's ESC as describe here : viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10117&hilit=+raid#p32691

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
pharohbender

Post by pharohbender »

you dont by chance happen to have that Dom image file recovery handy do you? :shock: i've tried installing unraid and freenas but it stalls for some reason ?
Major_Nikita

Post by Major_Nikita »

I have the same issue, i can t reach a good image to reinstall ADM on my 5002T.

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”