Shutdown and Reboot issue - AS5008T

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jyth_82
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Shutdown and Reboot issue - AS5008T

Post by jyth_82 »

Hi All,
Am using AS5008T and have been having shutdown/reboot problems randomly.

When I execute the command to reboot/shutdown or even during the update of the AS5008T, the NAS sometimes fail to reboot with the green light flashing and top half of the disk has light. I have fully populated the 8 slots with 4TB disks.

The only way I can successfully reboot (and praying works with it), is to take out all connection of the USBs and take out the plug, wait for a while and put it back. That also is random at times.

Any one has any clue what could be going on?

I have raised this with Asustor but no help.

Just upgraded to the latest ADM - ADM 3.1.2.RHG1
Antonios

Re: Shutdown and Reboot issue - AS5008T

Post by Antonios »

You mention 'take out all connection of the USBs', does that mean that there are some USB devices connected to the NAS at all times?

What kind of devices are these?

I have seen cases where a slight hardware 'malfunction' on either the USB host circuit or on one connected USB device itself can prevent proper startup, yet once the system starts (somehow) then both the USB host circuit and all devices appear to be working normally.

Actually, depending on how the relevant host(s) and device drivers are coded, system could proceed to startup after a very long delay when everything the driver waits for, timeouts. This delay could be so long that one would be led to believe the system is not going to start at all, and indeed in some situations this might be the case.

It is not a good situation but one that can be worked around indefinitely IMO. I prefer doing that myself than paying for a new board to replace USB host(s).

Just my 2c.

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”