smbd/samba services and link aggregation

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jauling
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

smbd/samba services and link aggregation

Post by jauling »

I enabled link aggregation in my AS5104T, but I am unable to get my NAS to push 2Gbps using Windows file sharing. I tried with two separate Windows clients. I know its not the link aggregation that isn't working, since I can run two iperf3 server processes on my NAS, and run iperf3 on both my Windows clients and push close to 2Gbps.

I've restarted Windows service since enabling link aggregation, and that didn't change the network performance. Any thoughts from anyone?
ecollin2

Re: smbd/samba services and link aggregation

Post by ecollin2 »

I am sure you already know this but just in case......does your ethernet switch support link aggregation? Are you aware that you must have more than one simultaneous client hitting the NAS in order to see ANY improvement in throughput with link aggregation?
jauling

Re: smbd/samba services and link aggregation

Post by jauling »

ecollin2 wrote:I am sure you already know this but just in case......does your ethernet switch support link aggregation? Are you aware that you must have more than one simultaneous client hitting the NAS in order to see ANY improvement in throughput with link aggregation?
Yep! I'm running LACP 802.11ad on my switch and it works when I run iperf3 against my NAS with two windows clients on two different switch ports and both can push close to 950Mbps. Two iperf3 daemons running on different ports of course. It's just when I try to copy files from both simultaneously that they both drop down to 400Mbps. I know a bit about Linux bonded interfaces, but can't see what the problem is with smbd only doing 1Gbps.

Return to “[Official] For AS50xx/51xx Series”