TV episode files name sorting

LooksGood's concise and refined interface guides you with two major functions. Media Explorer allows you to browse through and search for multimedia files on your NAS using a familiar directory structure, making everything intuitive and easy.TV recordings allow you to view files that appear as thumbnails with file names, allowing you to easily find the programs that you want to view with just one glance. Clicking on programs will allow you to instantly play high definition programs via your Web browser!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sorlooloo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

TV episode files name sorting

Post by sorlooloo »

How to name the files, so it can auto sorting by looksgood.

TV Show - S01EP01.mp4
TV Show - S01EP02.mp4
TV Show - S01EPxx.mp4

it don't work. all the files separate to each show... not in the same TV show.

Anyone know how to naming the files, so it can choose the episode.

Thanks.
James
MikeG.6.5

Re: TV episode files name sorting

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I have no idea the naming conventions for Asustor's home grown LooksGood application. The only information for the application can be found here: https://www.asustor.com/en/online/Colle ... ?topic=138

I use Plex Media Server to host and stream media. The naming conventions for PMS is similar to what you have shown, but is like this instead:

TV Show - S01E01.mp4
TV Show - S01E02.mp4
TV Show - S01Exx.mp4

Notice the difference that the "P" is missing in my example. Now I'm not sure if this could be your problem or not, but I suggest you give it a try, to see if that resolves the problem.

If you have a lot of media you need to rename, you can use TVRename or could also use Sonarr (Which you can find in App Central) to rename and organize your library. Sonarr sets up the media in folders that might help, as well. Example:

/TVShows/
/TVShows/The 100/
/TVShows/The 100/Season 1
/TVShows/The 100/Season 2
etc.

TVRename can also do this organization, but requires running it on a Win10 as far as I remember. (Haven't used it in a while. Only use it for organizing just one show with over 1200 episodes in it.)

Let me know how this works, if you try it.

Return to “LooksGood”