Movie poster for Music videos. How can I stop this?

LooksGood's concise and refined interface guides you with two major functions. Media Explorer allows you to browse through and search for multimedia files on your NAS using a familiar directory structure, making everything intuitive and easy.TV recordings allow you to view files that appear as thumbnails with file names, allowing you to easily find the programs that you want to view with just one glance. Clicking on programs will allow you to instantly play high definition programs via your Web browser!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mkstevo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Movie poster for Music videos. How can I stop this?

Post by mkstevo »

Hello. I have copied some of my favourite music videos to my Asustor NAS. When I look at them in Looks Good, instead of seeing a still image from the music video, I see a poster for an unrelated film. No matter how I try I can't seem to clear this. Is there a way of stopping Looks Good from searching for posters and Actor/Director information all together please?

I have a video (officially obtained from an enhanced CD) by Sophie Ellis-Bextor of the music track 'Revolution'. This shows up as Al Pacino's film of the same name. Not really what I want.

Can I please get Sophie back, and get rid of Al?
MikeG.6.5

Re: Movie poster for Music videos. How can I stop this?

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Not really sure how LooksGood works, but I know they have to pull the data from an outside source. This source is generally one of the "official" sources such as the TVDB, IMDB themovideDB or the like. I use Plex Media Server for any streaming or local watching I do. Matching relies on correct naming conventions, and without following those conventions errors occur. Embedded tags in the video can also increase the likelihood of errors, since a lot of the downloaded sources are flat out "WRONG".

If you are having issues with it matching correctly, the absolute first step is to ensure you have the video named correctly for the program that sends out the request for a match. As I don't use LooksGood (and never will due to the limitations of the app.) I can't help you name it correctly. What I CAN do though, is point you to your router's activity to see where it's trying to match this video. Then you search that site to see how your video is named and name it to fit the request.

(P)lex (M)edia (S)erver works. Across platforms, across devices and across the world. PMS is simple, easy (relatively) to use and if you follow the rules you won't be disappointed. LooksGood is a home grown Asustor app that has been fraught with issues and problems. Your choice, but my mind was made up a long time ago....

And if you don't NEED the features of Plex Pass, It's FREE, just as LooksGood is... Again, your choice...
mkstevo

Post by mkstevo »

Thanks for your reply.

It is less that the information is wrong, more that I can happily live without the information. I can find no way of correcting the incorrectly matched information, if I could turn off the search, or correct the information I'd be happy. As it stands, I can do neither.
mkstevo

Post by mkstevo »

Well, I've given up with this. I find it much quicker and far more reliable to simply browse the folders and find the item I want than it is to use LooksGood. All my videos showed up in LooksGood with orange exclamation marks. No explanation but none will play. Browsing the folders, all will play.

Return to “LooksGood”