AiVideo: No subtitles available

LooksGood's concise and refined interface guides you with two major functions. Media Explorer allows you to browse through and search for multimedia files on your NAS using a familiar directory structure, making everything intuitive and easy.TV recordings allow you to view files that appear as thumbnails with file names, allowing you to easily find the programs that you want to view with just one glance. Clicking on programs will allow you to instantly play high definition programs via your Web browser!
Anders
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AiVideo: No subtitles available

Post by Anders »

Hi,

I am unable to have my AiVideo find any of my subtitles. I wonder if there are any requirements I'm unaware of? The only requirement I have seen in the Asustor Multimedia datasheet is that the subtitles are in either of these formats: srt, ass, ssa, and vtt.

An example: I am able to find and play "Thor.mp4". In the same folder are two subtitle files; "thor.srt" and "thor.eng.srt". Both are UTP-8 encoded. None of these files are recognised by AiVideos, which claim that there are "no subtitles available".

Does anyone have hint to what I'm missing?

Thank you in advance,
Anders
MikeG.6.5

Re: AiVideo: No subtitles available

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

You may want to put in a trouble ticket with Asustor at http://support.asustor.com/ as this is one of Asustor's home grown apps.

This works very well with Plex Media Server and most Plex client apps. (Which is free unless you want to run a mobile app, or have need of any Pass features. Subtitles aren't a Pass feature.)
sys

Post by sys »

are you using android aivideos + Mxplayer? you can check out here:
1.JPG
1.JPG (77.22 KiB) Viewed 6879 times
Anders

Post by Anders »

MikeG.6.5 wrote:You may want to put in a trouble ticket with Asustor at http://support.asustor.com/ as this is one of Asustor's home grown apps.

This works very well with Plex Media Server and most Plex client apps. (Which is free unless you want to run a mobile app, or have need of any Pass features. Subtitles aren't a Pass feature.)
Thank you, I'll make a trouble ticket. :)
I tried using Plex through my PS3 as well after AiVideos failed to register the subtitles, but I had the same error here; It was possible to play the movie, but the program was unable to see the subtitle files.
sys wrote:are you using android aivideos + Mxplayer? you can check out here:
I use AiVideos exclusively. I have attached screenshots of what my player is showing me.
Attachments
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (75.04 KiB) Viewed 6863 times
Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg (65.14 KiB) Viewed 6864 times

Return to “LooksGood”