Playing Video via Chrome Browser

LooksGood's concise and refined interface guides you with two major functions. Media Explorer allows you to browse through and search for multimedia files on your NAS using a familiar directory structure, making everything intuitive and easy.TV recordings allow you to view files that appear as thumbnails with file names, allowing you to easily find the programs that you want to view with just one glance. Clicking on programs will allow you to instantly play high definition programs via your Web browser!
Zaragosa
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Playing Video via Chrome Browser

Post by Zaragosa »

I am trying to play several .mkv files using Looksgood via Google Chrome web browser. I get the following:

ERROR
1. Please install the VLC Media Player in order to play this video. You can click on the link below to begin downloading the VLC Media Player.
http://www.videolan.org/

2. After installing VLC Media Player, please select the "Always allow plug-ins" option on your Web browser.

3. After allowing plug-ins on your Web browser, please click on the "Refresh" button.

VLC is installed, though it's the 64 bit version. In Chrome->Settings->Content Settings / scroll to Plug-ins: Run automatically (recommeded) is selected.

Anyone have any ideas on why the videos will not play?

Thanks in advance for your help.
orion

Re: Playing Video via Chrome Browser

Post by orion »

I can run LooksGood on my win-7 PC. Not sure any different settings from mine. I'll recommend you should send a support request to asustor to check it.
PlusPlus

Post by PlusPlus »

Have you tried incognito window? how about re-install chrome?

update: is your chrome is 64 bit? my chrome is 32bit, Looksgood works like a charm
stigdu

Post by stigdu »

I have the exact same issue.

I have an Asustor 5002T and I get the same 'please install VLC plug-in' message.

I install VLC, restart the Chrome browser, but cannot play any files.

I am running a Windows 64-bit machine and followed the college guide on getting Looks Good to run.

I've also tried it with Internet Explorer browser and get the video window, but nothing will play, no controls.

Any ideas, anyone?
Thanks in advance.
wde

Post by wde »

Check if plugin is installed using chrome://plugins/
Check if VLC media player Web Plugin is enabled and the always allowed to run box is ticked.

My plugin got installed and enabled when I installed VLC media player on my Windows 64-bit machine using 32-bit version of Chrome.
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.3.0.RSB1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)

Return to “LooksGood”