Cannot enter into LooksGood

LooksGood's concise and refined interface guides you with two major functions. Media Explorer allows you to browse through and search for multimedia files on your NAS using a familiar directory structure, making everything intuitive and easy.TV recordings allow you to view files that appear as thumbnails with file names, allowing you to easily find the programs that you want to view with just one glance. Clicking on programs will allow you to instantly play high definition programs via your Web browser!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dbenyakar
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Cannot enter into LooksGood

Post by dbenyakar »

Hi

Im not sure I understand how to enter LooksGood. I wish there was some guidelines for that.
But after installing the app and trying to enter by signing in with my NAS username/password I get the following message:

Please ensure that port forwarding has been properly configured for the following ports in order to log in to LooksGood.
1. Web server port
2. LooksGood service ports : 9900, 9903

So I forwarded ports 9900 and 9903 in my router, tried again and same message appeared.
In my NAS the Secured Web Server service is enabled for SSL only and the 443 port is forwarded in my router but still cannot enter LooksGood.
So I enabled the Web Server (non secured) and forwarded port 80 in my router and only then I could enter LooksGood.

How do I enter LooksGood via HTTPS then? I dont feel conformable to open port 80 for the Web Server.
PlusPlus

Re: Cannot enter into LooksGood

Post by PlusPlus »

Hi

I have asked ASUSTOR about https connection before, they said currently LooksGood does not support it.
However, they have added this in their development schedule aldready. (but they didn't give me a ETA.)

if you feel uncomfortable about web sever 80 port, maybe you can configure web server port to other number?
Zaragosa

Post by Zaragosa »

At least you are having luck logging in with port 80 open. I have tried all of what you said and still not able to login. I did have looksgood installed about a year ago and had no issues connecting, I had uninstalled it and have just reinstalled but notta. Not sure what has changed...?
orion

Post by orion »

Zaragosa wrote:At least you are having luck logging in with port 80 open. I have tried all of what you said and still not able to login. I did have looksgood installed about a year ago and had no issues connecting, I had uninstalled it and have just reinstalled but notta. Not sure what has changed...?
Can you login on LAN environment? I have no issues about login. I think you should send a support request to asustor to check it.
Zaragosa

Post by Zaragosa »

orion wrote:Can you login on LAN environment? I have no issues about login. I think you should send a support request to asustor to check it.
Exactly my issue, not able to login from sitting on same network. Find it weird that it worked a year ago, but then again I did remove it and only recently reinstalled. What I did NOT like about it and several other apps are they want to create their own sub dirs. ie. Looksgood creates /Videos, Soundsgood creates /Music.

I have all my media under /Media, Music would be in /Media/Music/..., Videos are in /Media/Videos/..., etc. The above apps among a few others tend to force bad housekeeping.

cheers
orion

Post by orion »

Sounds weird. I think you can try to disable web server and re-enable it (ADM web -> Services -> Web Server) to have a try.

I have the same question about directory assignment. I think the better way is to let user be able to change the directory. Maybe, it's a feature request for asustor. For me, I can live with it now.
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

If you have it enabled, disable "Only Allow HTTPS Connection" in the Settings -> General Section of the ADM firmware.

LooksGood doesn't support HTTPS. With the above option enabled, clicking on the app icon in ADM loads the login screen as regular HTTP page (as the link points to that address directly). The page you attempt to request after entering your credentials will be attempted via HTTPS and summarily fail due to the app not supporting HTTPS connections. It will tell you your credentials are incorrect, that error message is itself erroneous, and has been confirmed to me by Asustor. The fault is lack of SSL/HTTPS support for the app itself.

You may need to restart either the web server service or the NAS itself to get the change to stick.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)

Return to “LooksGood”