How to Transfer MP4 files from desktop to LooksGood

LooksGood's concise and refined interface guides you with two major functions. Media Explorer allows you to browse through and search for multimedia files on your NAS using a familiar directory structure, making everything intuitive and easy.TV recordings allow you to view files that appear as thumbnails with file names, allowing you to easily find the programs that you want to view with just one glance. Clicking on programs will allow you to instantly play high definition programs via your Web browser!
Robi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to Transfer MP4 files from desktop to LooksGood

Post by Robi »

I download MP4 videos with my desktop machine and store them on a USB desktop backup drive. I then want to copy them to my 6404 NAS so I can watch them on our TV. Desktop computer is on the same network as the NAS. The USB backup drive is controlled by the desktop machine. The NAS and TV are connected by HDMI. Where should I copy the MP4 files in the NAS?
orion

Re: How to Transfer MP4 files from desktop to LooksGood

Post by orion »

Many ways. One easy way is to map a network drive in your desktop (to map NAS shared folders to desktop). Then you can copy files in desktop to/from NAS. If you don't know how to map a drive, install Asustor Control Center software in desktop. You'll see that function.
Robi

Re: How to Transfer MP4 files from desktop to LooksGood

Post by Robi »

Thanks Orion, I used to be able to do that, but now for some reason I can only access one folder on my NAS from my desktop or through ASUSTOR Backup Plan. It's looking like I need to review the permissions I established (not sure how they were changed) for the Media files and several others on the NAS. I'll keep you posted. Needless to say I'm not as proficient at some o these actions as I should be, obviously!

Return to “LooksGood”