How to name files?

LooksGood's concise and refined interface guides you with two major functions. Media Explorer allows you to browse through and search for multimedia files on your NAS using a familiar directory structure, making everything intuitive and easy.TV recordings allow you to view files that appear as thumbnails with file names, allowing you to easily find the programs that you want to view with just one glance. Clicking on programs will allow you to instantly play high definition programs via your Web browser!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

DisasterIncarnate
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to name files?

Post by DisasterIncarnate »

AS6602T user here, tried a few of the media front ends provided, plex im not going to bother with given it needs a sign up, no thank you, so i tried LooksGood, this seems to do the trick, however after adding a bunch of my collection i notice that the program basically doesnt work correctly with tv-series, or anything thats not 1 file like a film..

I have everything named properly, as in

Example Series - S01E01 - Namething

as well as

Example Series - 1x01 - Namething

and several other variations i can think of. All my episodes are named the same, not a mix, yet some of the files get sorted into the correct cover on the mainscreen correctly and others are scattered as individual episodes with a yellow exclamation mark which, i assume, means an error, yet there is no log/reason/explanation of why its an error, i have checked imdb for the season names and named them correctly yet some work, some dont.

Worst yet, some work fine and randomly a group of files get added to several totally different things, my Space 1999 collection for example is fine for "some" of it, then a bunch are randomly added to "Spaced" which i dont even have and some random anime/manga collection which i also dont have.

So whats going on? where are the instructions that state what the program looks for? how it works? whats its criteria for the way it sorts/groups tv-series? how can we control it properly?, without documentation this program which could be useful is basically non functional in its present state.

There has to be a "proper" way of arranging my files and im just not seeing the right way? but even then while testing identical naming methods i still get inconsistencies.

Return to “LooksGood”