AiVideos & .AVI

AiVideos brings you the smoothest mobile video viewing experience around. Browse through the video collection on your NAS without needing to wait for long downloads. Enjoy high-definition 1080p streaming video with just one click.
You can even select multilingual subtitles and different audio channels to enjoy films in different languages, bringing the movie theatre to your mobile device.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Tarnathan
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AiVideos & .AVI

Post by Tarnathan »

Hello all,

I'm quite new in the ASUSTOR world. I bought a AS-202TE and I've to say that I'm quite happy with it.
However, I was expecting being able to see all my vids with all my devices (TV, laptops, iPad & iPhones).
Apparently AiVideos is not able to play .AVI file. Is this correct ? Do I miss something ? Do I have to install another app ?

Thanks in advance for your advices.
Regards
sys

Re: AiVideos & .AVI

Post by sys »

Do you use Android phone or iphone? If you use android phone, please make sure that you have Mxplayer installed and then when you play avi in Aivideo, android will pop up asking which player you want to use, please choose Mxplayer. I found that most of the avi file can be played.

If you use iphone, I found that most of the avi can be played also except some very old avi file I used to have more than 10 years ago which might have quite different codec format than nowadays.
Tarnathan

Post by Tarnathan »

Hi Sys,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm actually on iOS (iPhone & iPad)
I'm sorry but it seems I was using the wrong app !!! :)
Now I've the good one and I've installed LooksGood.
The issue is that all my files on my NAS are in the "home" folder and this one is not visible by AiVideos.

So my questions are the followings :
- What's the impact moving my files to another folder (like public) regarding all my jackets in XBMC ?
- Is it an alternative to use another app on my cellphone (like VLC for iOS) to access my NAS ? Do I need to have LooksGood installed for that ?

I don't want to rescan all my movies/series ...

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Ford Henly

Post by Ford Henly »

Does it support 2k video res?

Return to “AiVideos”