Backup & Restore Incremental Backup still does not work

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Kapitein Haak
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Backup & Restore Incremental Backup still does not work

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Well, this may be true for you Irony, on my NAS the Internal Backup is completely broken with the new firmware and will fail with a source or destination file not found message. This happens with the original backup job and with a brand new backup job created from scratch. I have also tried the Let's Encrypt option, but this fails as well with an error stating the website is unavailable. Kind of weird as the website runs just fine with the startssl certificate....

Hoping that the Quality Control department will wake up and actually test firmware before it is released....

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
orion

Post by orion »

Kapitein Haak wrote:Well, this may be true for you Irony, on my NAS the Internal Backup is completely broken with the new firmware and will fail with a source or destination file not found message. This happens with the original backup job and with a brand new backup job created from scratch. I have also tried the Let's Encrypt option, but this fails as well with an error stating the website is unavailable. Kind of weird as the website runs just fine with the startssl certificate....

Hoping that the Quality Control department will wake up and actually test firmware before it is released....

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
Hello Kapitein,

Weird. I can do internal backup without problems. Can you post some screen shots about source and destination settings?
I cannot test Let's Encrypt because I don't public my NAS.
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello Orion,

I have created a new backup and started small (which worked) and then added more folders to the backup. The backup seems to fail on the RoundCube app from Asustor, so there is some work for them to do...
For users who would want to access their NAS from the internet securing the connection with a certificate is the way to go, so I am glad they added the option.

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
orion

Post by orion »

Kapitein Haak wrote:Hello Orion,

I have created a new backup and started small (which worked) and then added more folders to the backup. The backup seems to fail on the RoundCube app from Asustor, so there is some work for them to do...
For users who would want to access their NAS from the internet securing the connection with a certificate is the way to go, so I am glad they added the option.

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
Hello Kapitein,

I just tried the condition that you mentioned. It seems still working fine with my NAS. I guess there should be something that I missed. I think it's better to report it to asustor through support ticket.

Return to “[Official] For AS70XX Series”