SMS PushBullet configuration and high temps

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MikeG.6.5
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

SMS PushBullet configuration and high temps

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Installed the non-Beta 2.6.0.R4R1 and tried setting up a PushBullet sms for notifications.

Filled in my account info (email address) API key, and device (should be able to send to all devices, but need to select just a single one, for some reason...) and then hit "Send a Test.

And it's asking for an SMS phone number! WTF?!?!?!?! PushBullet doesn't require a phone number! It uses the app on the client devices, and an API key to access the account. I shouldn't even need to set up a user name, since the key does that already!

So it's pretty obvious to me, someone didn't take the time to test this before throwing it out there. Or if they did, they sure didn't follow up with it.

Not only that, but I'm now consistently getting high temp alarms with the NAS now, when running the same process flow I have had for my media for over a year. Suddenly going to 2.6.0R4R1 (or the beta B4F2) I get high temps for processes that would use the same temp ranges, but never alarmed before...

Yeah, I think there are a few bugs in the ADM yet... Will be making a ticket for this. Already have one for the high temps, which Asustor tech support says it can't reproduce, for some strange reason....

EDIT> Ticket created for both the temp issues and PushBullet. I hope that someone can take the time to take a look at this as the SMS clickatell option is a paid for only. PushBullet is free, with a Pro option.
itdaboyz

Re: SMS PushBullet configuration and high temps

Post by itdaboyz »

Hi Mike,

Yeah it's really strange... I tried to put my phone number and send the sms test. I received an error sms on my phone saying that the message can't be sent, as if I tried to send a message to myself.
So I think, it doesn't use Pushbullet to send notification on your phone, it uses Pushbullet to send sms FROM your phone, to an another number. Which seems totally stupid.

It would be great to have a real Pushbullet (and others like NotifyMyAndroid, Pushalot, Pushover, Prowl, ...) implementation.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

The ticket had a response from the tech support, which basically asked me for screen shots or a video showing the error.

This was after I sent in another update with links to the PushBullet API. Now for some reason I can't use the curl test on the NAS to test the API with, (libcurl doesn't support either https or http as per the example PushBullet has) but testing it from a Win 10 box per their example worked just fine.

So basically the code for this is using some sort of amalgam of PushBullet and statndard SMS texting where an initializing number needs to be used, and not using just the internet for the connections. I know the text is sent via tcp, but there has to be some identifier of some sort for the origin...

And that is where I think the problem lies. The app for the NAS has to be a full blown PushBullet app I think, and not something half thought through.... I really don't think there was any testing done after this was put together, to verify it works as intended.

Ideally we should just need to put in the Access Token and have the Asustor app give us the device list from those devices we have already got configured. Then it should just be a matter of sending out to those devices. This might need a client app on the NAS itself, but I don't know for sure. I think a combination of scripts should be able to do this, based on what I see at the API resource....
ozgur

Post by ozgur »

Hi,

I'm getting high temp alarms too. CPU is at 78C, and fan speed over 1100 rpm at idle. After ADM 2.6 I can't use Plex, Kodi, etc. NAS alerts "Abnormal CPU Temp". Is there a way to downgrade to ADM 2.5. I was happy with it.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Quote Lin with Asustor Tech support sent me a link to a dropbox file of a changed 2.6.0 build, that is considered for the next update. This build resets the temp alarms to the pre-2.6.0.R4R1 values like what we had with 2.5.0.XXXX.

the dropbox links is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyomnysztjzwn ... 1.img?dl=0

Manually update the ADM after you download it by going to Settings > ADM Update > Manual and you browse to the file and then wait out the update. so far this is working good for the temps.

PushBullet is a different story.... The developers thought PushBullet used SMS and not push technology. Now I have them going in the right direction, I think, after sending them screen caps of 4 or 5 other apps I have set up using pushes. I THINK these guys are going to get something working. I just hope they don't screw up my access token in the process. I would hate for them to do something that breaks what I have working. Angry doesn't describe it, after all the work I've already done to help them get this working right.

Return to “[Official] For AS70XX Series”