Unable to restart/use AS7004T

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Silent_Protagonist
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Unable to restart/use AS7004T

Post by Silent_Protagonist »

Hello,

Not getting any specific errors currently but there just seems to be an underlying issue that is causing a lot of symptoms. When I turn it off and on again it works for a few hours, but when I leave it on overnight downloading it just freezes up and I have to manually restart it again. It worked fine for months, now it's getting issues.

Problems:
  • I cannot restart from using Control Center. The program freezes up for a bit and then acts like nothing happened. The NAS doesn't restart either.
  • I cannot connect to Plex via either PC I use (Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 10 Pro).
  • Using the File Explorer on the NAS I can't access any files (can access from my networked drives).
  • Cannot open App Central (forever loading).
  • It occasionally loads up to the home page with no icon images on anything (or just on some).
  • When trying to restart from the http://10.0.1.13:8000/portal/ I get a JavaScript (I think) pop-up saying "Restart fail.".
History:
I bought my NAS about 2 months ago and installed 4x Western Digital WD Red 4TB WD40EFRX and kept the default ram. I have been using it as a media server and a backup server and primarily use it to run Plex. I originally kept my television files on a 2TB external WD HDD as I found that it seemed wasteful to put media on a RAID-5 setup, but I moved my TV shows across as I realised I'd run out of room and I was having issues with Plex finding my TV shows on the External drive as it seemed the directory had changed to /share/ (I forget what it was before, /dev0/ I think).

Recently Changed Settings/Software:
Before I had these problems I did the following (possible related) things within a week or 2 before it happened. I installed the Plex update APK directly from plex (https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-se ... x86-64.apk) and tried to install it through the app manager. I installed BitTorret Sync from App Central and I also turned on the FTP server.

Edit: I also added VirtualBox and I was trying to see even if my device wasn't supported maybe it will still work, I have deleted it now and I'll keep in touch whether it shuts down again.

What I've tried so far:
I've pressed in the little button on the back and held it in until it beeped to reset some of the network settings. I've swapped ports of the ethernet cables on the router's end. The only way I can restart is by turning it off and on again on the button.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I am hoping it's something in the software because it's always a pain to get refunds or replacements from online stores, although my retailer are good guys.

Cheers.

EDIT: Okay the issue seems resolved. I removed majority of my applications and only installed Plex. It was probably the VirtualBox app. I wanted to see if I could put Lubuntu on my NAs and remote into it and didn't realise I'd get problems like this.
Madd_Mugsy

Re: Unable to restart/use AS7004T

Post by Madd_Mugsy »

I am having this problem as well with an AS7008T. Exactly the same symptoms, nothing in the logs or health records, and tech support has no answers so far.

I'm not using Plex or bittorrent or virtual box however. I'll try disabling and uninstalling all non-essential apps and see if that helps.

Did the issue stay gone once you removed most of the apps?

Return to “[Official] For AS70XX Series”