3.4.0.R7N3 authentication failed

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
ManicMark
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

3.4.0.R7N3 authentication failed

Post by ManicMark »

Hi,

Just updated to 3.4.0.R7N3.

Logging in via AiMaster and web returns "Authentication failed..." so I'm now locked out of the NAS!

I noticed that after updating firmware Asportal and all applications for Asportal were disabled. Unfortunately I did not enable so could that be the problem, i.e. is Asportal needed for login?

Any help please? Thanks.
AS7004T
orion

Re: 3.4.0.R7N3 authentication failed

Post by orion »

I upgraded to the same version. But mine is working fine. Not sure what's the problem. You'd better to send a support ticket to asustor. https://support.asustor.com/

PS: You don't need to login in ASPortal.
ManicMark

Post by ManicMark »

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes I didn't think ASPortal was to blame but couldn't think of anything else.

For anyone else having the same "authentication failed" problem after upgrading I've discovered why. The admin password was reset!
AS7004T
felixh

Post by felixh »

I updated my AS7004T to 3.4.0.R7N3 on July 23.

I too had my password and settings reset, and I think I found the explanation in my logs.

After upgrading, I've seen 4 spurious "[Hardware] Reset button was engaged]" events.

Obviously nobody pushed the reset button. In nearly 4.5 years of operation I've never seen this happen before.

Per documentation, this resets the password and clears the ADM Defender settings(!), which I confirmed had indeed been cleared because auto-blacklist was indeed off.

I strongly suspect a bug in 3.4.0.R7N3 is triggering spurious resets.

For now I've disabled the reset button in settings, I hope that works.

Until this is fixed I dare not open remote SSH access, else after a reset anybody could connect with the default password!

-Felix
felixh

Post by felixh »

I've filed a support ticket based on my experience correlated with ManicMark's strongly suggests an issue with the new ADM release.
ManicMark

Post by ManicMark »

Yep I noticed the "[Hardware] Reset button was engaged]" events in my log too after upgrading. I also disabled the reset button.

I've also never experienced anything like this after many years of use/upgrades. Too much of a coincidence so thanks for filing a support ticket. Thanks for posting I was thinking my reset button was faulty!
AS7004T
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I have just noticed the same thing. After trying and trying to figure out if the NAS itself was starting to fail, I came here and found this thread. I ain't ALONE! I actually thought I had been hacked some how.

I've also noticed some spontaneous reboots in the middle of the night. This would seem to be when the mysterious "reset button" had been pushed. (When it hadn't!) I don't use the standard ports on the NAS itself for the ADM, and those have also been reset to the defaults when this happens. (Imagine the confusion when trying to get to the NAS ADM from a non-standard port and can't see it at all, but can see it with the Asustor Control Center. No wonder I thought I had been hacked!)

About the same time I installed this update, Link Aggregation is no longer working on the NAS. So it button being pushed also appears this also resets Link Aggregation. Just an FYI for anyone else that has it enabled!

For now, the "Disable Reset Button" is on. Let's see if I can go 48 hours without another forced reboot!
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

felixh wrote:......
Until this is fixed I dare not open remote SSH access, else after a reset anybody could connect with the default password!
-Felix
Hi
You can use and map a custom port and close mapping of default port. In case of reset, NAS will revert to default port which will not be mapped.
felixh

Post by felixh »

Hi sksbir,

Good idea, thanks!

-Felix
Yoyoo

Post by Yoyoo »

"ADM 3.4.1.R7Q6 ( 2019-08-07 )
Change log: Reset button on AS70 series now works correctly."

No email notification, not a word in Announcements, not a warning <anywhere> from Asustor.

This is a total fail. :-(

Return to “[Official] For AS70XX Series”