Remote connection

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
mudplug
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Remote connection

Post by mudplug »

Hi all

I live in New Zealand but had to travel to the UK urgently.

I don't have any issues connecting remotely from any where in NZ using WIFI or phone data etc.

Can't access by any method in the UK.

Any ideas please.

Thanks in advance.
father.mande

Re: Remote connection

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Not in New-Zealand .. I am in France, but I connect me from lot of different country ...

For admin (Web) the cloud-id works generally without problem.
For access I always start using VPN (using VPN NAS server or a router with a bridge VPN (rare case where I want to access share using Samba)
.. unfortunately some provider (WiFi or ... ) don't authorize and close VPN stream in this case
I use ssh (port changed, keys if possible, start ONLY when I want to use it (Webadmin), strong password) and tunnel for application and sftp for transfer.

If you want more control, have a look to Entware APKG that offer lot of GNU tools (including a total open openssh-server) to manage more keys pair and separate user not directly visible in the NAS (private passwd file for ex.) also cancel root access.

If you are oblige to use a direct access, open port using upnpc-share (in ssh session) and remove it ONLY during the phase you want to use it (NO permanent upnp IGD port redirected) ... or tools like ngork

etc. etc.

Philippe.
NB I use PC / tablet (Windows or Linux) and Android ... no experience with IOS
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “[Official] For AS70XX Series”