EFI Shell lost after CMOS battery pull AS-7008T

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

d312120
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

EFI Shell lost after CMOS battery pull AS-7008T

Post by d312120 »

I have this problem which I will admit I have forced on myself by attempting to start over fresh with my AS-7008T

I have pulled the CMOS Battery and managed to get into BIOS at some point in which I restored factory defaults
I am under the impression I have removed the UEFI from the boot up sequence and now every time I boot I get this error (see attached image)

I have reconnected the keyboard and tried getting back into bios using F2, DELETE key, but to no avail,,, who knows :(
In fact the picture shows a lot more errors than I had previously, all the extra errors BLK0 - BLK9 omg I'm such a fool
Please help, I'm getting to old for this :(

Yes everything is plugged in before anyone asks :lol:
Attachments
UFI ugh.jpg
UFI ugh.jpg (229.98 KiB) Viewed 7649 times
MikeG.6.5

Re: EFI Shell lost after CMOS battery pull AS-7008T

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I can only suggest you create a ticket at https://support.asustor.com

Never messed with the bios, so have no idea how you would proceed.
d312120

Post by d312120 »

Cool thanks for the info, I will look into that soon but hopefully I don't have to resort to that.

On another note I have managed to get back into the bios again, but it appears I am missing a unique setting that's required even after loading defaults or optimised settings.

I found some useful information about UEFI or Legacy Boot, this page is not relevant to my actual NAS but it seems relevant to my booting problem
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id- ... stion.html

I'm wondering amongst all the settings in there am I suppose to select legacy ??
I am under the impression there is a mini internal HHD that I can boot from to get back up and running?

This is NOT my actual board but from appearances a later model AS3104T, circled in red I believe I need to access that again somehow

I guess I could try a process of elimination BUT I have to pull the CMOS battery every time
Attachments
009.JPG
009.JPG (125.45 KiB) Viewed 7628 times
orion

Post by orion »

Yes, EFI message shows that you missed a booting device (normally fs0, rather than blk0). It's highly possible that you removed the device that you showed in another picture. After you put it back, your NAS should work as normal.

No ideas why you need to "pull the CMOS battery every time".
d312120

Post by d312120 »

I have made some progress but I am still stuck.
All I needed to do in BIOS was disable UEFI and enable Legacy, at least doing this allowed me to save and restart and still return to bios by pressing F2 again.
BUT I am still not getting access to the the operating system that allowed me to use the NAS in the first place.

I am thinking there is a unique set of settings that need to be predefined even after defaults.
Clearly its nothing like our desktop PC's where we can restore optimised or factory settings and it still boots.

I am sure most of the NAS's have very similar BIOS settings
I would just need to duplicate someone else's BIOS settings or is there somewhere I can find the settings ?

I'm sure the drive is still there, I will run some more tests and take some more pics

Return to “[Official] For AS70XX Series”