Connect to Mail Server from Internet to download mail?

ASUSTOR’s Mail Server offers a comprehensive and cost-effective solution that allows any business to easily maintain their own dedicated mail server.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

run4all
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Connect to Mail Server from Internet to download mail?

Post by run4all »

Hi

Just a quick Q. Can I connect to Mail Server from the internet side to collect my mail? Does it have a WebMail feature I can use? That would be useful :)

Also from a previous question on this forum, am I right in thinking that Mail Server will send all emails to the client the moment it connects? or do they remain stored on the server.

Apologies if these questions seem a bit obvious.
__
If you have to apologise, don't forget to change your behaviour to prevent it happening again.
Gene Coleman

Re: Connect to Mail Server from Internet to download mail?

Post by Gene Coleman »

Hi run4all - Yes you can connect to your email from the internet. I have mine set up as shown in the Asustor Knowledgebase tutorial link below and it works fine. The only issues thus far are, while it works great for sending emails to other accounts on the Asustor mail server, I cannot reliably send email to other email accounts such as Outlook or some others (but I can for Yahoo). Furthermore, sending an email from one of those accounts to my Mail Server email address results in returned email. Not sure how to fix that.

I do not know the answer your second question.

http://support.asustor.com/index.php?/K ... sustor-nas

Gene

Return to “Mail Server”