AIData crashes on file actions

AiData allows you to browse the files stored on your NAS and also share them with family and friends.
danchees
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AIData crashes on file actions

Post by danchees »

I'll be concise.

I have a zip file on my NAS.
Opened AIData, connected to NAS, all fine.
Downloaded the .zip file to my phone into something you call "favorites". Hellooooo... we have both the "Files" section and "iCloud" on our iPhones for ages now.
Once this is downloaded into your "favorites", you can do nothing with the file:
1) if you click on the file, your app says "Unable to view files"
2) if you try IOS actions (top right, square with an arrow if you don't understand me), "open in" does absolutely nothing
3) email option crashes the application.

In other words, your product is useless. EZConnect is not working and I cannot get the file I need via mobile either. Thank you for making my life difficult today.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Re: AIData crashes on file actions

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

danchees wrote:I'll be concise.

I have a zip file on my NAS.
Opened AIData, connected to NAS, all fine.
Downloaded the .zip file to my phone into something you call "favorites". Hellooooo... we have both the "Files" section and "iCloud" on our iPhones for ages now.
Once this is downloaded into your "favorites", you can do nothing with the file:
1) if you click on the file, your app says "Unable to view files"
2) if you try IOS actions (top right, square with an arrow if you don't understand me), "open in" does absolutely nothing
3) email option crashes the application.

In other words, your product is useless. EZConnect is not working and I cannot get the file I need via mobile either. Thank you for making my life difficult today.

Found your topic, I don't have an iPhone so do you mind if you give me a few days to try to replicate the issue?

I'd also absolutely LOVE some screenshots too if you can provide some.
sksbir

Re: AIData crashes on file actions

Post by sksbir »

Hi
I have seen such a behaviour on android, it's because filename extension is not reported while saving the file on your device.

Of course, with android and some tools like ES File explorer, you quickly understand what the problem is and that you just have to give the right name and filename extension again to make everything work again

Return to “AiData”