Unable to log into Ai Apps using Phone Data Network

AiData allows you to browse the files stored on your NAS and also share them with family and friends.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

teinsports
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Unable to log into Ai Apps using Phone Data Network

Post by teinsports »

I just bought a AS202T primarily for recording functions for my ip cameras. I have setup the NAS and successfully done port forwarding for remote management from my hp. I have also downloaded AiMaster, Download & Data on my hp but none seem to work while on phone data network. It only connects while phone is within home network via Wifi. Since I have also done port forwarding, I am able to access the ADM using google chrome even though the AiMaster is 'down'. Are the phone apps only limited to home network? Kind of disappointed by the phone apps. :cry:
wyoung

Re: Unable to log into Ai Apps using Phone Data Network

Post by wyoung »

Using the Ai Apps through the phone data network would somehow need to know how to talk directly to your home network.

However, the phone data network and your home network are not in the same "area", that's why the apps won't talk to the NAS.

It's a VERY big phone data network out there...

This would be the same regardless if you're using the iPhone/iPad/Android versions.

The Ai Apps are only currently designed to work on the same network as the NAS.
AS-304T
4 X 4TB Western Digital Red in Raid 5
XBMC
toxiccat

Post by toxiccat »

Log in using cloud connect. I can access nas on mobile phone data by using my cloud id. All the Ai Apps work fine.
AS-602T-EDC2
2 X 3tb western digital Red in Raid 0
3gb ram
Logitech media server
xbmc
UpNP Media server
Dropbox
moojay

Post by moojay »

wyoung wrote: The Ai Apps are only currently designed to work on the same network as the NAS.
Do you plan to fix this problem?

Thanks
zakspop

Post by zakspop »

My AiData works from my mobile data. I can connect from anywhere. Also can connect to my Transmission server as well. however, I don't use the myasustor.com crap. I have my own DDNS domain.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Xxx.myasustor.com is working perfectly for my 2 NAS at different locations. Do you have problem in using it? If yes, you can ask Asustor support engineer to have a look.

Return to “AiData”