AIData does not show movies

AiData allows you to browse the files stored on your NAS and also share them with family and friends.
Merlino
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AIData does not show movies

Post by Merlino »

Hi all.
I've a AS6404T with ADM 3.0 beta. Everything works fine.
Usually I use Plex for view movie from Apple TV and iPad/iPhone. But sometimes I need to view some movies outside Plex folder.
So it can be useful using AIData to browse my HD and view movies.
Until some time ago everything okay, but now AIData is unable to play MP4 movies. It show the folder, but when I try to open a movie, the screen show a black movie and the time stay at 00.00 (see pictures).
Movies are OK, I use HandBrake to convert all movies, and I can see the preview OK when I browse from a computer.

Any idea?
Attachments
IMG_4117.PNG
IMG_4117.PNG (34.12 KiB) Viewed 6101 times
MikeG.6.5

Re: AIData does not show movies

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I have to ask why you find a need to use any player other than Plex client apps to watch any media?

I can't help with the issues in AiData, but I might be able to resolve (or help you to resolve) issues with Plex and the client apps.
Merlino

Post by Merlino »

Simply. Some media are out of Plex so my child can't see it on TV. Some movie with a lot of blood or where people speaks profanity. I have the same account on Apple TV and iPad, but from Apple TV my child can see only Plex, on iPad/iPhone I want to see everything and choose what to see.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

What you want to do can be done with Plex itself, but only if you have a Plex Pass. Then it's one app suite and no more headaches....

As you can get a Plex Pass for monthly fees to test, you may want to just give it a try that way, then decide if you want to go yearly or Lifetime. If you do try it, you want to set up Plex Home and make a separate home user account for you and your child. (2 accounts, and yours is already made.) Then set sharing restrictions up for your child and leverage the sharing restrictions for each of your movies/TV shows. (Don't want them watching TV-MA, so don't include that in the child's account and they won't even see the shows to know they are there.)

I do this on all of my media, as there are some things I don't want some of my users to see. There are also some things they specifically WANT to watch, so I manually edit the sharing restrictions on these shows to allow individual users access.

Yeah, it requires a bit of hands on work. but as I share with a number of family and friends, the work is worth not getting the phone calls, etc... :)

(BTW, this uses what's called Fast User Switching which is in most if not all of Plex's clients, but only if you have a Plex Pass. And the costs of a Plex Pass can be mitigated a bit if you get it on sale, or factor in the costs of theater trips into the mix. I seldom go to the theater now, preferring to watch the new shows at home on my own TV instead of spending $40 or more for a night out.)
Merlino

Post by Merlino »

I understand, and you are right. I can do it with Plex (yes, I have a Pless Pass).
But the point is that I need to create a database, and I don't want to user a database. For example, I have two folder with some office files, like Word documents, PSD and AI and, of course, MP4. I can take a look to them with browser, it's easy, why can't I take a look with AiData?

Return to “AiData”