you are using the EZ-Connect service to relay to your ASUSTOR NAS. Access speed may be limited

AiMaster is ASUSTOR’s NAS management app for mobile devices that allows you to easily remote control all your NAS devices no matter if you are a home user or IT administrator.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mariowinco
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

you are using the EZ-Connect service to relay to your ASUSTOR NAS. Access speed may be limited

Post by mariowinco »

Since a couple of releases I receive the message "you are using the EZ-Connect service to relay to your ASUSTOR NAS. Access speed may be limited. (Under this mode, file transfer speeds and times are limited)".

I have an AS-304T and also speeds to transfer from Mac to Server using LAN seem very slow.

What can I do to improve speed of the data transfers?

Thanks in advance
father.mande

Re: you are using the EZ-Connect service to relay to your ASUSTOR NAS. Access speed may be limited

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

If you use your LAN ... EZ-Connect is not used ...
EZ-Connect is a server in Asustor site that work as a gateway between an output connection from your NAS to this server and client connection to this server
... so message come from the client are transferred by EZ-Connect server to the NAS
The interest is that you don't need to expose port of your NAS to Internet by port forwarding and the real I.P. of your NAS is hidden ...

It's the reason why Asustor said it can be slower than a direct connection ... it's a facility

For your LAN performance just do as usual :
... check and verify configuration
... check and verify Ethernet speed be sure to be in Gigabit ... (verify your switch or box capabilities)
... check and survey CPU, memory and disk activity during your transfer
... try another transfer tool ex. if you use AFP try SMB, FTP, etc.
... be sure to have last A.D.M. and updated software
... if you have some expertise, use test tools like iperf speedtest mini, etc.

LAST don't hesitate to call the support to get help .

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “AiMaster”