Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

AiMaster is ASUSTOR’s NAS management app for mobile devices that allows you to easily remote control all your NAS devices no matter if you are a home user or IT administrator.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mudplug
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Post by mudplug »

Hi All

I'm pulling my hair out here, I've tried everything I can read on here and the asustor help, etc.

I can connect to my server using IP address or my Cloud ID, with any of the phone apps when on WIFI when I am at home.
As soon as I am away from home I cannot connect using mobile data or other WIFI networks.

All my ports are correct under EZ router with green ticks, DDNS enabled, and working fine.
I have opened up all the recommended ports on my router.
Checked my Android phone settings everything looks ok there.

I have no idea of what else to try, I'm at my wit's end, please help me.

Cheers
Daz.
Nazar78

Re: Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Post by Nazar78 »

Firstly try at home while connected to your local LAN or WLAN, from your pc or android or iphone, go to https://www.canyouseeme.org/. Confirm that's your public IP (you can see from your router's admin page) and try input any of the ADM's port that you have opened i.e. 8000. This is to confirm the public can actually see your opened ports.

Secondly from the same client, ping your DDNS see if that's your public IP. This is to confirm the DDNS actually points to your public IP correctly not any proxy your ISP might have.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
mudplug

Post by mudplug »

Thanks, Nazar

Ok, everything in the first part checks out, but I cannot ping my ISP DDNS it times out?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

You can't ping probably your router blocking it. That's ok as long as the IP of the DDNS matches your public IP. It also means you should have no issue reaching ADM from the internet. Could you try from the mobile browser while on mobile data? http://your-ddns:8000/.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
mudplug

Post by mudplug »

Thanks again Nazar, my ISP "Spark" supply the router, so I would have thought all would be ok.

My public IP is and spark DDNS are

Server IP address
ns1.xtra.co.nz (primary) 122.56.237.1
ns2.xtra.co.nz (secondary) 210.55.111.1

So they don't match, what now?
Cheers
Last edited by mudplug on Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

The ones you stated are your ISP's nameservers. I'm referring to your Asustor DDNS (the ones with your cloud ID). Ping it see if the IP reflects your public IP. Also I just checked your port 8000, it's not your NAS probably your ISP's supplied router but I didn't probe further. Please also mask your public IP for privacy.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

Fultz2

Post by Fultz2 »

mudplug wrote:Hi All
I'm pulling my hair out here, I've tried everything I can read on here and the asustor help, etc.

I can connect to my server using IP address or my Cloud ID, with any of the whatsapp plus apk phone apps when on WIFI when I am at home.
As soon as I am away from home I cannot connect using mobile data or other WIFI networks.

All my ports are correct under EZ router with green ticks, DDNS enabled, and working fine.

Cheers
Daz.
Yes you are absolutely right something is similar happened to me whenever I tried to connect with the server. :(
Nazar78 wrote:Firstly try at home while connected to your local LAN or WLAN, from your pc or android or iphone, go to https://www.canyouseeme.org/. Confirm that's your public IP (you can see from your router's admin page) and try input any of the ADM's port that you have opened i.e. 8000. This is to confirm the public can actually see your opened ports.

Secondly from the same client, ping your DDNS see if that's your public IP. This is to confirm the DDNS actually points to your public IP correctly not any proxy your ISP might have.
but after visiting here I think my problem got solved thanks all of you.
ananyaverma

Post by ananyaverma »

I can connect to my server using IP address or my Cloud ID, with any of the phone gb whatsappapps when on WIFI when I am at home.

Checked my gb whatsapp downloadAndroid phone settings everything looks ok there.

Cheers
Daz.
That is why I bought a dedicated public ip from my ISP and connected to the NAS so now I need not cloud account. i can access the NAS from anywhere.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

ananyaverma wrote:

I can connect to my server using IP address or my Cloud ID, with any of the phone gb whatsappapps when on WIFI when I am at home.

Checked my gb whatsapp downloadAndroid phone settings everything looks ok there.

Cheers
Daz.
That is why I bought a dedicated public ip from my ISP and connected to the NAS so now I need not cloud account. i can access the NAS from anywhere.
You don't need a dedicated static IP, any free DDNS will work. Unless of course if your ISP is giving you shared pool of internal IPs behind NAT then "offers" you an upgrade or addons for direct public IP access or static IP.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

zetsu

Post by zetsu »

Nazar78 wrote:
ananyaverma wrote:

I can connect to my server using IP address or my Cloud ID, with any of the phone apps when on WIFI when I am at home.

Cheers
Daz.
You don't need a dedicated static IP, any free DDNS will work. Unless of course if your ISP is giving you shared pool of internal IPs behind NAT then "offers" you an upgrade or addons for direct public IP access or static IP.
Thank you for writing :D
Check This YOWhatsApp APK to get more change your experience with WhatsApp Messenger.

Return to “AiMaster”