It is currently Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:43 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

AiMaster is ASUSTOR’s NAS management app for mobile devices that allows you to easily remote control all your NAS devices no matter if you are a home user or IT administrator.

Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Postby mudplug » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:44 am

Hi All

I'm pulling my hair out here, I've tried everything I can read on here and the asustor help, etc.

I can connect to my server using IP address or my Cloud ID, with any of the phone apps when on WIFI when I am at home.
As soon as I am away from home I cannot connect using mobile data or other WIFI networks.

All my ports are correct under EZ router with green ticks, DDNS enabled, and working fine.
I have opened up all the recommended ports on my router.
Checked my Android phone settings everything looks ok there.

I have no idea of what else to try, I'm at my wit's end, please help me.

Cheers
Daz.
mudplug
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Postby Nazar78 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Firstly try at home while connected to your local LAN or WLAN, from your pc or android or iphone, go to https://www.canyouseeme.org/. Confirm that's your public IP (you can see from your router's admin page) and try input any of the ADM's port that you have opened i.e. 8000. This is to confirm the public can actually see your opened ports.

Secondly from the same client, ping your DDNS see if that's your public IP. This is to confirm the DDNS actually points to your public IP correctly not any proxy your ISP might have.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [40TB N300 RAID10 + 5 Bay USB: 8TB RAID5 & 480GB SSD for Apps]
User avatar
Nazar78
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Postby mudplug » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Thanks, Nazar

Ok, everything in the first part checks out, but I cannot ping my ISP DDNS it times out?
mudplug
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Postby Nazar78 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:42 pm

You can't ping probably your router blocking it. That's ok as long as the IP of the DDNS matches your public IP. It also means you should have no issue reaching ADM from the internet. Could you try from the mobile browser while on mobile data? http://your-ddns:8000/.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [40TB N300 RAID10 + 5 Bay USB: 8TB RAID5 & 480GB SSD for Apps]
User avatar
Nazar78
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Postby mudplug » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:40 am

Thanks again Nazar, my ISP "Spark" supply the router, so I would have thought all would be ok.

My public IP is and spark DDNS are

Server IP address
ns1.xtra.co.nz (primary) 122.56.237.1
ns2.xtra.co.nz (secondary) 210.55.111.1

So they don't match, what now?
Cheers
Last edited by mudplug on Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mudplug
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Postby Nazar78 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:07 am

The ones you stated are your ISP's nameservers. I'm referring to your Asustor DDNS (the ones with your cloud ID). Ping it see if the IP reflects your public IP. Also I just checked your port 8000, it's not your NAS probably your ISP's supplied router but I didn't probe further. Please also mask your public IP for privacy.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [40TB N300 RAID10 + 5 Bay USB: 8TB RAID5 & 480GB SSD for Apps]
User avatar
Nazar78
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Postby Fultz2 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:09 pm

mudplug wrote:Hi All
I'm pulling my hair out here, I've tried everything I can read on here and the asustor help, etc.

I can connect to my server using IP address or my Cloud ID, with any of the whatsapp plus apk phone apps when on WIFI when I am at home.
As soon as I am away from home I cannot connect using mobile data or other WIFI networks.

All my ports are correct under EZ router with green ticks, DDNS enabled, and working fine.
I have opened up all the recommended ports on my router.
Checked my Android phone settings everything looks ok there.

I have no idea of what else to try, I'm at my wit's end, please help me.

Cheers
Daz.

Yes you are absolutely right something is similar happened to me whenever I tried to connect with the server. :(
Nazar78 wrote:Firstly try at home while connected to your local LAN or WLAN, from your pc or android or iphone, go to https://www.canyouseeme.org/. Confirm that's your public IP (you can see from your router's admin page) and try input any of the ADM's port that you have opened i.e. 8000. This is to confirm the public can actually see your opened ports.

Secondly from the same client, ping your DDNS see if that's your public IP. This is to confirm the DDNS actually points to your public IP correctly not any proxy your ISP might have.

but after visiting here I think my problem got solved thanks all of you.
Fultz2
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:04 pm

Re: Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Postby will12 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Thank you, dear, my problem got solved. :P
will12
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Re: Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Postby julie128 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:38 pm

Fultz2 wrote:
mudplug wrote:Hi All
I'm pulling my hair out here, I've tried everything I can read on here and the asustor help, etc.

I can connect to my server using IP address or my Cloud ID, with any of the whatsapp plus apk phone apps when on WIFI when I am at home.
As soon as I am away from home I cannot connect using mobile data or other WIFI networks.

All my ports are correct under EZ router with green ticks, DDNS enabled, and working fine.
I have opened up all the recommended ports on my router.
Checked my Android phone settings everything looks ok there.

I have no idea of what else to try, I'm at my wit's end, please help me.

Cheers
Daz.

Yes you are absolutely right something is similar happened to me whenever I tried to connect with the server. :(
Nazar78 wrote:Firstly try at home while connected to your local LAN or WLAN, from your pc or android or iphone, go to https://www.canyouseeme.org/. Confirm that's your public IP (you can see from your router's admin page) and try input any of the ADM's port that you have opened i.e. 8000. This is to confirm the public can actually see your opened ports.

Secondly from the same client, ping your DDNS see if that's your public IP. This is to confirm the DDNS actually points to your public IP correctly not any proxy your ISP might have.

but after visiting here I think my problem got solved thanks all of you.


Ok, everything in the first part checks out, but I cannot ping my ISP DDNS it times out?
julie128
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:35 pm

Re: Cannot connect to server with any phone apps?

Postby DanRichards » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:26 pm

Oh thank you, this problem of mine has been solved successfully. You can try whatsapp aero is a great messaging and calling app with a lot of cool features you will love install now.
DanRichards
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:16 pm

Return to AiMaster

  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest