Improvements for AiMusic App

AiMusic allows you to stream music from your NAS to your mobile device, letting you enjoy your entire music collection while on the go. You can play music from playlists that you create yourself for an optimal listening experience.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

yogs
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Improvements for AiMusic App

Post by yogs »

Hi Guys,

I would like to suggest an improvement for the app.
I am sure this may have already made the list, but wasn't sure, so thought would request again :) :)

1. It would be nice for app to be more polished such that the playlists can have repeat and shuffle button for songs.
2. Would be nice for other apps to be able to see the music such as poweramp (android) or music or groove (iphone)
3. Fix app crashes

:) :) :)
My Equipment: AS-606T
6 x WD30EFRX (Seagate Red 3TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
damien599901

Re: Improvements for AiMusic App

Post by damien599901 »

+1
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
Bananimal

Post by Bananimal »

It would also be nice to be able to set the path to my internal SDCard\Music folder for downloading from the NAS. Right now, I see no way to do that. When I try to set the path, I'm greeted with a huge list of apps and other internal folders/locations in my phone which I have no clue what they are or how to navigate them. When I connect my phone to my Windows PC, My phone is connected as an external storage device. The path to my Music on the internal SD is Card\Music. Why can't AiMusic do this as easily? n7, PowerAmp and all my other music apps have no problem allowing redirection to this folder. Nothing I'm seeing in the path list available in AiMusic shows me this path to my music folder on the internal SDcard of my phone. All SDcard options do not have child folders beneath them so I cannot navigate to My Music folder on my SDcard. Even worse, there is no documentation on the Asustor College page for AiMusic.I think this thing may be on its way back to Amazon. I don't need headaches. I need an intuitive appliance that works. Irritated in the extreme.

UPDATE: I figured out the path location and selected it in the options within settings. However, and it is a BIG however, Andriod KitKat has introduced much more strict permission requirements on external SD cards. So, ASUS needs to update AiMusic so that it creates a folder for its own use on SD cards. Simply modifying the path in the options and pointing it to your SD card causes the download feature in AiMusic to stall and fail because the SD card is read only in KitKat unless the app installed a folder with the correct permissions. This need to be fixed as soon as possible. I've got $200.00 in SD cards in all of my phones that cannot be used now. This was the primary reason I bought this server. So my family can grab their own music from the library without coming to me constantly and asking me to move music to their SD cards manually. You can imagine how livid one must get when they spend the money to find out that they can't do what they expected to do. I feel like I just threw $2,200.00 into the wind. A fix for this would be greatly appreciated.
Bananimal

Post by Bananimal »

Update number 2. So, I've rooted my phone and then flashed it with a different ROM. Effectively killing the warranty on my brand new phone to get this to work. I then used FX File Manager to allow read\write permissions on the SD card and then remounted it with those permissions. AiMusic still fails to download to the SD card. What is even more strange is that when I look at how AiMusic is installed it tells me it is installed on the SD card already. Yet when I download music, the files go to the internal storage AiMusic folder and not the SDCard. This is confusing as all get out.

Any chance of getting this fixed? I bought this server for this functionality. Any insight from the devs would be most appreciated. I've got another three weeks before I have to make a decision as to whether or not I'm going to be able to use this server. I really would like to keep it, but if it doesn't fill this requirement I'll have no choice but to try and find another solution. I really like it otherwise. It's a very nice unit. This is absolutely killing it for me though.

Return to “AiMusic”