It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:40 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Cursor delay in AiRemote touchpad mode

The all new AiRemote app turns your mobile device into a remote control for ASUSTOR Portal. Now you can control XBMC/Boxee, Surveillance Center and browse the Internet from the comfort of your own couch!

Cursor delay in AiRemote touchpad mode

Postby AS6404T user » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:43 pm

I am using AiRemote 2.1.6 on an HTC One Android phone to operate an AS6404T running ADM 3.4.4.RAT2 connected by HDMI 2.0 to a TV. When I use Chrome in the ASUSTOR Portal there is a 10 seconds delay when using the AiRemote touchpad to move the cursor on the TV screen, which makes this function hard to use. Is there a way to speed up the response to the AiRemote touchpad?

It does not seem to be a communications issue since the response to other AiRemote and AiMaster functions is instantaneous. The response when I use the ASUSTOR IR control to move the cursor is also instantaneous. Unfortunately, the Chrome keyboard extension does not work with the IR control, so I have to use both the IR control (to move the cursor) and the AiRemote app (to type text), which is cumbersome.

My setup:

HTC One <- WiFi -> ASUS AC3200 router <- Ethernet -> AS6404T <- HDMI 2.0 -> TV
AS6404T user

Re: Cursor delay in AiRemote touchpad mode

Postby orion » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:43 am

The speed of AiRemote touchpad on my AS-304T is much faster than yours. I almost cannot feel delays.
You can check if your NAS is very busy or not. Otherwise, you should send a support ticket to asustor to check it. https://support.asustor.com/
orion

Return to AiRemote