Android AiRemote will not connect

The all new AiRemote app turns your mobile device into a remote control for ASUSTOR Portal. Now you can control XBMC/Boxee, Surveillance Center and browse the Internet from the comfort of your own couch!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jcahow
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Android AiRemote will not connect

Post by jcahow »

I am running the Asustor Portal app on my new AS3102T NAS and I was trying to use the Asustor AiRemote Android app to connect up and try it out. When I try to start up the AiRemote app it says "scanning 0 server(s) has been found!!" and I am given the option to manually enter the NAS IP address.

I enter 10.0.0.81 for my NAS IP and hit Done and it says Connecting but then I get a message that says "Connection timeout" with a Reconnect button. It just scans over and over again and never makes a connection. My phone is connected to my WiFi network and I do not see any other configuration options for the AiRemote app.

The Android app version is 2.0.15 which I downloaded from the Play Store.

I wanted to test out the portal before possibly purchasing an actual Asustor Remote Control to see if it was worth the effort.

Has anyone got the Android AiRemote to work with a AS3102T model?

Has anyone actually purchased an Asustor Remote and have any comments about its use?
orion

Re: Android AiRemote will not connect

Post by orion »

I use AiRemote all the time with my AS-304T. That is working fine. I believe your issue should be caused by certain settings of your gateway. You can check what's the IP addresses granted to your mobile phone and NAS under your gateway configuration page. I guess those IP addresses should belong to different sub-net.

I own Asustor Remote Control which is working fine too. However I only use it under XBMC (yours should be KODI). It's quite easy to use. However the number of buttons is few. I use it when I simply enjoy media. I'll use AiRemote when I need to manage other applications (or XBMC) for certain tasks.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

Hi

Did you install "remote center" on your NAS ? this is required with AIremote...
jcahow

Post by jcahow »

Installing "Remote Center" solved the issue, but it took me awhile to figure out how to use the remote. Thanks................
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

jcahow wrote:Installing "Remote Center" solved the issue, but it took me awhile to figure out how to use the remote. Thanks................
A trick I didn't found immediately : You can horizontally swipe the bottom line, eg for accessing the keyboard while on chrome or firefox page.

Return to “AiRemote”