Cannot connect with custom port

Browse through your favorite memories from Photo Gallery while on the go or instantly upload photos that you have taken to your NAS. Additionally, all offline albums can be protected by passwords further increasing your privacy. You can also use the instant album upload function to automatically transfer photos from your mobile device to your NAS, making photo backup a breeze!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

wiyiu
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Cannot connect with custom port

Post by wiyiu »

I am not able to connect my NAS remotely because I cannot find a place to add the port number to access. Please kindly advise the proper way to connect if I am using a custom port number, e.g. 12345 instead of the regular port: 8000.
Kapitein Haak

Re: Cannot connect with custom port

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello wiyiu,

You should create a port forward on the device with your external IP (usually your ISPs modem/router). It should look like (depending on the menu of the router):
External | Internal
startport endport | IP adress startport endport protocol enable
12345 12345 | <your NAS ip> 8000 8000 TCP <yes>
I suggest you only create a port forward to the https port (8001) instead of port 8000.

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
wiyiu

Post by wiyiu »

Dear Kapitein

Thanks for your prompt suggestion. I changed the port in my NAS due to security concern for using the default port: 8000 and I take your advise to change back my NAS to port:8000, and added the port forward in my router, to forward a custom port (e.g. 1234) to port: 8000 of my NAS.

However, I failed to login the mobile AiFoto application with my Cloud ID remotely, it responded "Please check your network connection". I have no problem to remote login my NAS using the same cloud ID with the AiData app.

However, while I am at home using the WIFI connection, I could connect to the AiFoto with the Auto Discovery mode, but it was still failed to login with the Connect via Cloud ID mode.

Not sure if you have further clue on this, thanks.

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!!

William
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello wiyiu,

Sorry for the (very) late reply. You should make a connection using IP/hostname. You should be able to enter the custom port number below the description of the connection (as well as select whether you want to use HTTP(S)).

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656

Return to “AiFoto”