How can I make the latest minidlna?

The UPnP AV Media Server app can turn your NAS into your home’s multimedia streaming server. As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV or PlayStation3R), you can directly browse and stream the pictures, music and videos stored on your NAS. Additionally, you can use UPnP/DLNA compatible applications on your mobile device (for example, a notebook, iPhone or iPad) to stream multimedia files from your NAS. Reminder: The media formats that are playable may vary between devices.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

chocolove0826
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How can I make the latest minidlna?

Post by chocolove0826 »

I'd like to make the latest minidlna because I port my nas from Raspberry Pi to ASUSTOR.
How can I make the minidlna for ASUSTOR from source code?
Where is Gnu Make? GCC?
Can I do this?
chocolove0826

Re: How can I make the latest minidlna?

Post by chocolove0826 »

Well, at first, I want the source code of "MiniDLNA 1.0.1.r15 beta" now on the App Central.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

There isn't a copy of GNU Make on your Asustor NAS. They don't include this as part of the OS install. You are going to have to install this yourself.

You can't compile on the NAS either. You have to do compiles on another machine, then move the file. At least this is what I understand. YMMV.

Your app you asked about, MiniDLNA, is maintained by a 3rd party. You will need to contact him in order to get the source code. If he will part with it.
Xyk0

Post by Xyk0 »

The source code is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/.

But if you just want to use the latest version on your NAS, you don't need to compiled it, just follow the steps below:

1. Install MiniDLNA from Beta Apps on App Central.
2. Disable MiniDLNA on App Central.
3. Download on the same site the latest statically compiled version (for now it's minidlna-1.1.5_static.tar.gz) and uncompress it (you'll only need the file usr/sbin/minidlnad).
4. Replace the /usr/local/AppCentral/minidlna/bin/minidlnad executable with the one downloaded (make a backup of old one, if you wish. You can always revert back uninstalling and installing again).
5. Enable MiniDLNA on App Central.

That's all you need to run latest version and you can continue to use ADM interface to administer MiniDLNA settings.
AS5002T
2x 4TB (WD40EZRX)
chocolove0826

Post by chocolove0826 »

Thank you, everyone!
But I'd like to add my customized patch....
I'll survey how to make the static binary.

Return to “MiniDLNA”