MariaDB & ownCloud installation errors

ownCloud gives you universal access to your files through a web interface or WebDAV. It also provides a platform to easily view & sync your contacts, calendars and bookmarks across all your devices and enables basic editing right on the web. Installation has minimal server requirements, does not need special permissions and is quick. ownCloud is extendable via a simple but powerful API for applications and plugins.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

PinguMann
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

MariaDB & ownCloud installation errors

Post by PinguMann »

Hi all,

I get the same installation errors I used to get with ownCloud on a Virtual Server instance at a provider in the past.

Error Message:
------------------
Error:
Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'owncloud'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
-----------------
I followed the how-to http://support.asustor.com/index.php?/K ... l-owncloud

The error was solved by reinstalling MariaDB and clearing all the privileges etc in the DataBase with a special script at the end of MaraiDB installation. The password problems were then cleared by the script recreating privileges and fixing the tables. Very tedious!

How does one fix it on a NAS AS5108T?
Should I assume the same way as before in the command line interface with ssh?
Anyone had this problem?

meetyg

Re: MariaDB & ownCloud installation errors

Post by meetyg »

Hi. How did you reinstall MariaDB?
It is installed by default in recent ADM versions, so you don't need to install it manually.

What ADM version are you using?
It seems that maybe just resetting the root password on MariDB might solve the problem. You can do this from the Services window in ADM.

Return to “ownCloud”