How to access OwnCloud by Internet

ownCloud gives you universal access to your files through a web interface or WebDAV. It also provides a platform to easily view & sync your contacts, calendars and bookmarks across all your devices and enables basic editing right on the web. Installation has minimal server requirements, does not need special permissions and is quick. ownCloud is extendable via a simple but powerful API for applications and plugins.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

flowrider
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: How to access OwnCloud by Internet

Post by flowrider »

When I click on OwnCloud in the ADM I get this.. So I'm guessing I do have the correct port (8080)
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-05-11 23.32.23.png
Screenshot 2016-05-11 23.32.23.png (86.7 KiB) Viewed 5443 times
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Synology's app is written by Synology, and is designed by them for use on their systems only. ownCloud is a full blown client/server suite, independent of the device it runs on, with support for a multitude of client devices that Synology may never try to reach on their app.

The differences are night and day, IMO.

8080 should be the port you need, unless some other device on your network is already using 8080. You may want to look a the remote admin on your router, to see if it uses 8080 for it's remote access functions, and change it to another port. Short of actually trying to make the connection from my location, I' sort of out of ideas of how else to help you.
flowrider

Post by flowrider »

Thanks for your help Mike. I'll keep working at it.

Return to “ownCloud”