owncloud - large file uploads

ownCloud gives you universal access to your files through a web interface or WebDAV. It also provides a platform to easily view & sync your contacts, calendars and bookmarks across all your devices and enables basic editing right on the web. Installation has minimal server requirements, does not need special permissions and is quick. ownCloud is extendable via a simple but powerful API for applications and plugins.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

raksabi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

owncloud - large file uploads

Post by raksabi »

I've been attempting to configure owncloud on the asustor NAS so that large file uploads will work.
Nothing I've tried seems to work.
Changing the default settings higher than 512M works but only up to 2GB for some reason.
I have changed the max file upload within the owncloud GUI and that has no impact.
I've tried applying the settings in .htaccess and php.ini for max file upload and post size using either 4096M or 4G and it has no impact.
I've tried SSL/HTTP and that doesn't make a difference.
I've tried not using .htaccess and relying on php.ini and that doesn't work.
For whatever reason there seems to be a setting somewhere that will not allow a file larger than 2GB to be uploaded.
I can watch it build in the upload_tmp_dir and then it fails with the yellow bar at the top of the page in the browser stating that the uploaded file exceeds the size directive in php.ini when clearly it does not.
I've looked at .htaccess, apache2.conf, php.ini and I'm not sure where else I could look.
Also I noticed another peculiar issue, if I try and select a file that is say 4GB to upload via the web GUI it flashes the status bar and does nothing in IE. If I do the same thing in Firefox it crashes the browser every time.
ADM version: 2.3.3.R362
owncloud: 7.04
Browser: IE 11 / Firefox 36

*** Update - 05/04/2015 ***

After further testing I believe the root cause of the behaviour I was experiencing is limitations of the web browsers.
It was throwing me off as published limitations are higher than the files I was attempting to upload.
Uploading via web browser works fine for smaller files.

I currently have my max file size upload configured to 25GB and can upload/sync large files as long as I use the desktop or phone app.
I've completed further testing using a 24GB ISO file.
I did run into some weird issues when syncing large files using the desktop application.
If the upload limit is set to "unlimited" with "Use system proxy" selected it would constantly attempt to sync the file and fail until the copy into the directory was complete.
If the upload limit is set to "unlimited" with "Use system proxy" selected it would also ultimately fail syncing with a "connection timeout" error in the logs.
I changed the settings so that the upload limit is set to "unlimited" with "no proxy" and it would sync on the fly and complete successfully.
zeeshan030

Re: owncloud - large file uploads

Post by zeeshan030 »

If the upload limit is set to "unlimited" with "Use system proxy" selected it would also ultimately fail syncing with a "connection timeout" error in the logs.

Return to “ownCloud”