(SOLVED) Owncloud 9 - Any plans?

ownCloud gives you universal access to your files through a web interface or WebDAV. It also provides a platform to easily view & sync your contacts, calendars and bookmarks across all your devices and enables basic editing right on the web. Installation has minimal server requirements, does not need special permissions and is quick. ownCloud is extendable via a simple but powerful API for applications and plugins.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

meetyg
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

(SOLVED) Owncloud 9 - Any plans?

Post by meetyg »

Hello,
I would like to know if there are any plans to update the Owncloud app to the new version 9 ?
Version 9 has some nice new features like file tagging...
meetyg

Re: Owncloud 9 - Any plans?

Post by meetyg »

Leecool, are you planning to create an new package for Owncloud 9 ?
I don't want to interfere with your maintenance of the Owncloud package, but if you need some help, I can try...

I have tried locally, to create an APKG for owncloud 9, and installed it (based on owncloud 8 APKG).
It seems to work well.
In case Leecool doesn't want to continue maintaining the Owncloud package:
I would like to know what the community thinks about versioning:
Should I this app still be called "owncloud" and just update the version or should I call it "owncloud9" to distinguish it from the current Owncloud package maintained by Lecool ?
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

Owncloud have it's own upgrade program, and it works on Asustor too. Just connect has admin user to your owncloud server.

Today, the upgrade program gives you the choice to upgrade to 8.2.5, and not to 9. This is the same for all installed owncloud, because OC 9 is still new and upgrade program meets some bugs.

https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33274
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

solved
in app central
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air

Return to “ownCloud”