Google Drive - Sync Error

Google Drive cloud storage service allows you to seamlessly integrate the data on your NAS with Google Drive
Wosto
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Google Drive - Sync Error

Post by Wosto »

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is an ADM issue or something new with my GDrive Account, but here it goes...
  • I had previously been using the GDrive App to successfully sync (One-way GDrive > NAS) my 11.5GB of GDrive Data.
  • After upgrading to ADM 2.5.2, I noticed the GDrive App sync was failing with "Error" (see attached).
  • I tried: re-installing the app, choosing a new directory,all the sync methods and re-authorizing the app with Google; all with the same result "Error".
  • I opened a Support Ticket and Support said it works fine with their "test" Account (that has two files).
  • I confirmed that it does work with one of my other simple Google Accounts (no shared files, no folders, no Google Photos, etc)
  • I've asked Support if they can provide me with the actual "Error" but have had no luck yet.
I'm hoping someone else has run into this and resolved it? Or maybe some other ideas to try?

Thanks!
Attachments
GDrive.png
GDrive.png (105.42 KiB) Viewed 5944 times
AS-604T - ADM 2.5.2
Wosto

Re: Google Drive - Sync Error

Post by Wosto »

Replying to my own post, in case it helps...

I finally found the app logs on my own. It appears this Asustor App is based on "Grive" which has been inactive for years. I hope Asustor will adopt a newr application to build their Google Drive app off of...

The best I could tell, the authorization token was timing out before the app had a chance to read/create my 11.5GB of files/folders. I ended up having to temporarily move a bunch of my Google Drive Data, so the app could sync it bit by bit. I'm assuming this would only affect a User that was using using the app for the first time and they had a bunch of folders/data.

Thanks.
AS-604T - ADM 2.5.2
sys

Re: Google Drive - Sync Error

Post by sys »

How many files, folders in your google drive and its recycle bin? If the authorization is timing out, it looks like there are quite a few of files/folders or the internet connection is not good.

Return to “Data Sync for Google Drive”