Not reliable

Google Drive cloud storage service allows you to seamlessly integrate the data on your NAS with Google Drive

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mythic
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Not reliable

Post by mythic »

I was 2-way syncing about 1000 documents between the NAS and Drive, and one day a few 100 of them was deleted on both ends. The application takes a loot of cpu when syncing and i believe it reads a bit of every file to compare it, instead of more modern methods like watching folders and making lists, i guess when connection is worse or when complex naming and folder structures sometimes make it harder, the application throws away the files. This has happen for me on multiple occasions so i do not thrust it anymore. Still doing 1-way though, but would be nice to have a reliable and fast (block-level) 2-way sync.
lanimul

Re: Not reliable

Post by lanimul »

+1
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Agreed. I fnd it fine for 1-way sync and use it as an offsite backup. It is time- and resource-heavy though.

It would be great if there were a way of scheduling it so that the sync could run overnight each night when the NAS is not otherwise in use and I can take advantage of the free bandwidth provided midnight-6AM by my ISP.

It would also be good if information was fed from it to the system log.
AS-302T c/w 2 x 1TB WD Red HDDS running RAID1
lanimul

Post by lanimul »

This ever going to see an update for apk??? Only way I can get a proper sync is to use Bittorrent Sync, which leaves my pc has the middle man from drive to NAS.

Return to “Data Sync for Google Drive”