Google Drive Client

Google Drive cloud storage service allows you to seamlessly integrate the data on your NAS with Google Drive
TheDave1022
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Google Drive Client

Post by TheDave1022 »

It seems to sync only certain files. I see lots of stuff missing from my NAS - Google Drive folder compared to if I log into the website and view my drive. I have 2 way sync enabled and it's status is idle.
orion

Post by orion »

TheDave1022 wrote:It seems to sync only certain files. I see lots of stuff missing from my NAS - Google Drive folder compared to if I log into the website and view my drive. I have 2 way sync enabled and it's status is idle.
Mine is working fine. I think you should send a support request to asustor to check it.
hyperpat

Post by hyperpat »

by hyperpat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi,

I think it's just possbile to sychonize only one folder (and its subfolders) with Google Drive. How it is possible to synchonize multiples folders ?

Thanks.
So, does anyone try to synchronize multiple folders ?
arsvendg

Post by arsvendg »

I am also seeing similar issues regarding syncing of google drive.

I have about 485gb of data on my computer, that I sync with google drive. That one works fine.

I also want to sync that down on my nas, just to be sure that I have a copy, but it has stopped like half way or something. The client says it is syncing, but I can not see any progress for the sync.
alan1ng2

Post by alan1ng2 »

I've just setup mine configuring a new folder for google drive sync and the status is always showing idle. My sync method is Google Drive to NAS (one way). Any way to force a sync? There are no options after setting up the sync folder other than wait!

Anyone???
jchny

Post by jchny »

I recently bought the AS5110 and I really like it. Great job, Asustor.

I'm trying to sync both Google Drive and Dropbox. The Dropbox sync app for Asustor is awesome! After syncing up over 100 GB of data between Dropbox and the Asustor, I did a little test by renaming one file on a PC that was also linked to the same Dropbox. Within about 30 seconds, the file name had also been changed on the Asustor. That's awesome.

Unfortunately, I've been using Google Drive much more than Dropbox lately, and I can't say the same good things about the Asustor Google Drive app. The best thing I can say about it is that it exists. But I have had very little luck getting Google Drive to sync with the Asustor. I tried with two Google Drive accounts, using different user ids on the Asustor. One account created a couple of status files (.grive and .grive_state) on the Asustor side, but nothing else. The other account very slowly seems to have synced up quite a number of folders and files, but it's been over a week and it still is not synced up. There is no progress bar in the Google Drive app, but it still says "synchronizing". Admittedly, the Google Drive sizes are quite large (over 100GB) but so is the Dropbox which took less than one day to synchronize.

Asustor: Please understand that your product is extremely attractive when combined with the ability to sync up with commercial clouds. Makes it nearly bulletproof! You did a great job with the Dropbox app. But please, fix that Google Drive app. Or port the GoodSync app which is already available for the Synology NAS. Goodsync has direct interfaces to both Google Drive and Dropbox. Porting their existing NAS .APK shouldn't be very difficult and GoodSync would probably assist. See it here: http://www.goodsync.com/for-nas

Thanks!
Elrique64

Post by Elrique64 »

Your GoodSync app isn't written by or supported by Asustor. This app for Synology is written by GoodSync and maintained by them. You need to request that GoodSync makes the port for their app for Asustor NAS's... There are a lot of third party apps people come here looking for Asustor to modify... The request needs to go to the developer... This is one of them.

And in my opinion, these NAS's are extremely attractive to ELIMINATE the external cloud services. Putting someone else in charge of the physical security of MY data, and at that company's whim for changing the EULA isn't very reassuring... Or very secure, IMO...
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

There's a similar topic on this app in "Feature Request"
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
jchny

Post by jchny »

>>>> need to request that GoodSync makes the port for their app for Asustor NAS's... <<<<<

I agree. I did make the request to Goodsync as well.

Return to “Data Sync for Google Drive”